The pattern I used for Floral Triangles is Sweet Surrender designed by Sue Cody, this pattern is no longer available for purchase. I changed the name because I didn't like the name Sweet Surrender: my quilt, my name.
A Hobbs wool batting was used as the batting while Floral Triangles was hand quilted using a variety of threads. For stitching in the ditch around the applique, I used YLI hand quilting thread. Cotton Sulky #12 threads were used for the borders and the diamond background.
I love how the borders look, I am so glad I didn't take the time to applique the borders. I like this so much better than the applique border from the pattern.
I often keep track of the yards of thread used when I hand quilt but I didn't this time. There were so many different threads, I wasn't up to the challenge of keeping track. However I can say with certainly, there is more than 400 yards of the thread used for quilting the diamonds. I finished the first spool of thread when I was quilting row 5. That spool held 400 yards of thread. For a rough estimate I'd say there is over 700 yards of the varying threads, especially since I stitched in the ditch around all the applique.
Floral Triangles was put into the quilting frame last August but I really didn't get going with the quilting until October. There is a lot of outside work in the summer/fall to keep me occupied.
After all these years of making quilts, I'm still amazed how quilting brings the quilt to life.
Floral Triangles measures 90" by 103" but I think I will wash her to remove the light pencil marks used for marking, sometime. She'll probably shrink some.
Some day this quilt will be gifted to one of my grandchildren but not yet!