Sunday, April 12, 2020

Christmas Redwork

Easter is different this year with no family gatherings but we're still celebrating the same resurrection of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Have a blessed day celebrating the true reason for Easter.

For those of you who are reading today's post in hopes of seeing a finished Floral Triangles quilt, sorry, didn't happen. The cutting table was covered with fabrics to be used in the John Deere quilt. I didn't want to move that stuff to trim Floral Triangles.

The John Deere flimsy is finished (post coming next week) and the table is cleared. Floral Triangles has had the excess backing and batting trimmed, she's ready to have the binding sewn. 

But now I'm embroidering the label. I've had months to make the label but I procrastinated until FT was finished. You all will just have to wait until next week.

I have been spending the time I would have spent quilting working on redwork embroidery. I haven't touched this project since I came back from Phoenix in February.

I've decided I'm not going to put another quilt in the quilting frame until the redwork is finished. I want to get the embroidery completed, there's an applique project I want to start, sound familiar?

These little embroideries are small and work up very fast. I can easily embroidery 1 or 2 in a evening. If I knew how, I'd make a collage of the blocks but I don't, so here they are, single file. Most of these embroideries are 3" in size. You'll see markings from the frixion pen. I'm a sloppy marker and didn't take the time to press the blocks.















I was working on this block. I took it out of the hoop because I needed the hoop to embroider the label for Floral Triangles.

All the embroidery has been worked in 3 strands of DMC embroidery thread. I used both variegated and solid red thread.

These embroideries were designed by Gail Pan and were selected from two of her books, Christmas Patchwork Loves Embroidery and Simply Christmas No. 3.

I'm sorry I haven't posted since last Sunday, that's not what I intended to happen but that's how life went this week here on the farm.

Linking to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching,  Oh Scrap, Bambi's Show & Tell MondayMonday MakingDesign Wall MondayBOM's Away

21 comments:

Created by Kathi said...

Glad all is OK there for you then :) I am glad you got some time with John Deere and Floral Triangles and outside at the farm too ... I love your Christmas stitcheries and can't wait to see them done and how you are setting them... brings up thoughts of my own stitchery that needs planning and completing... :)
Kathi

CathieJ said...

Life happens. I totally enjoyed seeing all of these little embroideries. I especially like the joy in a star and the happy gingerbread man. Enjoy your stitching.

Preeti said...

Less candy and more introspection - may be a good mantra for Easter this year. Everything is different and I am sure most things will be different on the other side of this quarantine. Sewing (and embroidery) continues and I am thankful for that. Stay safe and a very Happy Easter to you.

Quilter Kathy said...

Such pretty redwork blocks..... I love each and every one of them! I love all of Gail Pan's designs!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!
Happy Easter!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Looking forward to the completed quilt and I always procrastinate when it comes to making the label. Your redwork blocks are lovely. Yes this Easter will be very different but I think it maybe is a eye opener and that can be a good thing.

Angela said...

Oh, I love your little embroideries!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your redwork blocks are SEW darling!! I'll wait patiently for your big FT reveal. Is it next week yet?!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your redwork. I have a quilt off the frame for a week now and it is still sitting for me to start the hand stitching on the binding - I got side tracked with other things - I will get to it just as you will with yours

Linda said...

I just love all your redwork! I have that Gail Pan Christmas book and made a candle mat from the little birdie last Christmas. The designs are so cute.
Happy Easter to you!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Lovely redwork, such nice stitching! Floral triangles is worth waiting for, as is the John Deere quilt. You get so much great stuff done!

Sarah said...

Those redwork blocks are lovely (I'm a big fan of redwork!) I will watch with interest to see how you use them. Also look forward to your FT ta dah moment next week! Happy Easter.

Faye said...

Absolutely gorgeous redwork. I really love the robin. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them all.

Happy Easter!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Christmas redwork embroideries are so sweet! Are you going to put them together into a quilt? I'm enjoying some Gail Pan stitching right now, too.

Karrin Hurd said...

Love those stitcheries! Happy Easter!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I love your embroidery - especially that little bird. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Jenny said...

I love your Christmas rework stitcheries, so pretty.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Beautiful Redwork blocks...Have a great day!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Redwork always draws me in. Lovely and such a fun thought too...Christmas.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those Redwork blocks are amazing!

K Reeves said...

Is was very different this year, celebrating in our houses and on line instead of all together, but the news is still the same, He Is Risen! These little redwork pieces are so much fun, and quick too! Glad you are enjoying them, and are safe and well there.

EirinH said...

How beautiful these were! Can't wait to see how the finished quilt will be.
Wish you a great day!