Friday, March 13, 2020

Orange & Teal Ohio Stars

At the beginning of 2019, I started piecing Ohio stars in conjunction with RSC. I kept up the first three months of the year and sewed red, green and yellow stars then got sidetracked and never made anymore.

Now it's 2020 and I want to get sewing Ohio stars again so here are orange and teal stars. I'm using civil war fabrics for my stars. They finish at 4-1/2".


Orange is not my favorite color but I made them anyway. Technically these are cheddars but they work.
Teal is a color I like and I think these little stars are cute.

I'm foundation paper piecing the stars.

You can read more about my star project herehere and here.

Linking to TGIFF, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Finished Or Not Friday, Peacock PartyUFO Busting, Scrap Happy Saturday

13 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh they look great - I love cheddars so those are totally happy blocks to me!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

That is going to be SEW gorgeous, Gretchen!!

maggie fellow said...

4 1/2 inches is very small - but they are certainly cute.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Lovely tiny Ohio stars, love those colors

Marly said...

They're lovely, Gretchen.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your little stars will be great in every color! I love the cheddars!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wow....small blocks and they all look great.

Kathy S. said...

Your stars look great. When blocks are little like that I can sit under a quilt and look at them for hours! It's so relaxing to look at an amazing scrap qult.

Julie in GA said...

Beautiful little Ohio Stars!

Cathy said...

I remember those stars. Glad to see you back at them. They are so cute.

gayle said...

I love your Ohio stars - it's always been one of my favorite blocks!

Rebecca Grace said...

I love your stars, Gretchen!

Susie H said...

Perfect project for RSC! The pattern is timeless and the scrappiness is wonderful!