Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Back to Stars Around the Garden

After several months of time out from Stars Around the Garden, I'm making progress again. 



I went to Calico Point and bought brown yardage that looked good with the fabrics.

The inside sashing has been attached and here is my progress so far.

The applique center looks like the background fabric is white but it's not. It's a cream with a pale beige background design. 

The light fabrics in the blocks look yellow but they're not. The flimsy does look nice in real life but the photos just didn't take well.


There was a breeze when I was trying to take pictures. I took another one on the clothesline then decided to try out the stump.





You can read about my Stars Around the Garden here and here.

When completely pieced, this flimsy will be donated to a quilt auction to benefit the church school my Pennsylvania grands attend. They'll hand quilt it.

Linking to To Do Tuesday, Clever Chameleon, Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss

12 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it was very breezy and rainy here yesterday I wouldn't have even been able to think about getting an outside quilt photo.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Gretchen! Yes, that breeze was certainly messing with you, wasn't it?!! That sashing really ties everything together nicely. What a great donation for an auction - I suspect it will bring in a lot of money to benefit the school. Thank you for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a beautiful quilt! I love how the brown sashing pulls all the blocks together. I'm sure it will bring in a lot of money from the auction!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

That's a gorgeous quilt and how neat that they will hand quilt it and it will benefit the school! I find it hard to take photos of quilts. I may wait till our burmuda turns from brown to green to take some final pics of My trailing Vines.

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Lovely applique! That center is a standout. I wonder what the background color is behind the stars? Sure looks yellow but maybe they are a pale green. In any case those blocks are beautiful. This will make a lovely quilt and a great donation. You are so generous! Thanks for linking to Wednesday Wait Loss.77777777777777777777

Rebecca Grace said...

OOOH, Gretchen, this is stunning!! The deep brown sashing is perfect for making the appliqué and piecing stand out. Beautiful job!

Created by Kathi said...

I love this flimsy... so fun! I love your brown and dark blue colorway too! Kathi

Gretchen Weaver said...

Some of the blocks have a beige background and some of the blocks have a beige with a blue design. I don't know why they turned out yellow. It really does look nice in real life.

Debbie said...

I really like how your stars around the garden turned out. Your sashing does look good with the blocks. I enjoyed going back to your older posts to see your progress. And yes, your background does indeed go well with it. Great job getting it together.!

Susan said...

Very pretty!!

dq said...

I think your photos were wonderful! THis quilt is a total stunner! The colors are talking to me because I have two identical sets of fat Q's in those colors!

Kayaking quilter said...

Hi from another Gretchen. Beautiful quilt. Photos are never as good as seeing them in person. We will have to e content with all the nice pictures people share. Thank you for the eye candy.