Saturday, March 16, 2019

Yellow Ohio Stars

I making Ohio Stars for the Ancient Stars quilt. I'm trying to make 10 blocks a month using the RSC color. The QST are the color that has been chosen (drawn?) for each month.

The RSC color for February was yellow. However I had misplaced the yellow civil war charm blocks I had purchased last August from Primitive Gatherings at the AQS show in Grand Rapids. 


I found the fabric package last week and now they're sewn. Some of the yellows in the package were too beige for my taste, not really yellow so I only made 8 yellow stars. 

Some of these yellow stars didn't turn out like I had hoped (mainly the top left one!) and won't make the final cut for the quilt.


I bought the charm package because I only had this fat quarter of civil war yellow in my fabric stash. I didn't want to make all the yellow stars with the same fabric.

Now I need to sew the green stars and I'll be caught up on the blocks.

Linking to Scrap Happy Saturday.

7 comments:

maggie fellow said...

Oh I think all the stars are great and the ones you don't like will add a little mystery to the whole quilt.That is what our ancestors would have done.

grammajudyb said...

It is going to be amazing!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the Ohio star pattern

gayle said...

Ohio star is such a wonderful block!
I'm glad you found your yellows - your stars are beautiful!

Kathy S. said...

Great progress this week on green scraps.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Perfect pattern for your repro fabrics!!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Your stars are looking good! I knew you would find the yellow!