Sunday, March 17, 2019

22 Weeks of Hand Quilting!

It's been 22 weeks of hand quilting on the Pastor's Attic quilt. I've started row 5, which is the last applique row. I'm actually seeing the start of the top border!

Last Sunday I told you I had friends coming to quilt this week. We quilted the section between rows 4 and 5. 

Here are pictures of the quilting. When I look at the quilt in real life, I can see a slight size difference between my quilting stitches and theirs but I doubt you can see it in the photos. The difference doesn't bother me. 

Right side border.










Left side border.



I was so glad to have them come help, this gave me a real boost in the process. I rolled Wednesday evening and Thursday I started in again. 

Yes, this is the correct orientation, this is the top of the right block.


I'm working on the 2nd block now.

I also quilted the right side border but it looks like the picture of the above border so I didn't picture it.

I didn't get accomplish more quilting because . . . I sewed the rest of the hexies onto Lucy last week!



The next step for Lucy is to applique this section onto an outside border fabric. Right now Lucy measures 23-1/2" by 35-1/2".

Linking to the Peacock PartyKathy's Slow Sunday Stitching, Oh Scrap, Bambi's Show & Tell Monday, Monday MakingDesign Wall MondayBOM's Away, Moving It Forward

17 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

How fun to have a quilting bee with your friends! Your hand quilting is amazing Lucy is lovely. What colour is the border?

Created by Kathi said...

I love your hand quilting progress and sharing today Gretchen... and WOW WOW WOW ... Lucy is looking amazing!!!! I love your take on the Lucy block for sure!!! Right up my alley :D Happy stitching today!

Kathi

Birthe Marie said...

Your hand quilting is absolutely fantastic. I'm speechless. So kind of your friends to help you. Your Lucy is also beautiful! :-)

Sarah said...

Your work is so neat, it really is beautiful. Fun to quilt with friends too!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you are keeping Lucy just at table runner size? it is very pretty I loved that pattern and glad I made it some years ago. Love all your quilting

Jayne said...

The hand quilting is beautiful and what a fun way to spend time with friends!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Wow, beautiful quilting! No one will notice the difference, I sure cannot see it, and wouldn't even occur to me to look for that. Appreciating the time and work, love and care that goes into the quilting is much more important. Great job.

Deb A said...

Such beautiful quilting and I love the motifs you selected. They enhance your lovely quilt so well.

Karrin Hurd said...

I always love seeing your gorgeous quilting!

Deb said...

The quilting is beautiful and how wonderful to have friends come in and quilt it with you.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

How fun that you could quilt with some friends. You must be getting excited getting close to the last border.

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

How lovely that you have friends who can join you in hand quilting the beautiful quilt. That is truly special. Thank you for linking up to the Peacock Party.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

That is so wonderful to have friends who lend a hand. This quilt is going to be amazing. And the end is so close!

Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Jo said...

It has been a joy to see your progress. Well done.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Almost there on PA! I love your Lucy Boston - Cheers to you for finishing her!

Glenda said...

Ohhhh Gretchen how wonderful to have a quilting Bee, I thought they had truly died out except in the Armish land. ??? What a thrill for the other quilters to be able to join you around your quilt and and chat and do what they all love doing too. I hope they all have them and keep the quilting Bee groups alive. Your beautiful Lucy is so inspiring but I must not start another hexagon quiltLOL Cheers Glenda

Lynette said...

How fun to have bee helpers!! I'm at the stage where I would be so grateful for help and especially for the communion of quilting friends around a frame, that I would actually kindof cherish the bigger stitches of others' work - every time I'd see them, it would be heartwarming memory. I can't believe it's been 22 weeks already!