I had the individual blocks pieced, then sewed the star blocks together at the guild retreat in February.
After the stars sections were sewn together, I decided to have sashing in between the sections. I hadn't brought any fabric along to do that with.
Several of us made a point of visiting The Scarlet Thread. I purchased some 'word' fabric and some aqua fabric too.
I cut the necessary strips for the sashing then remembered I had wanted to get a small piece of yellow for cornerstones. I thought yellow would be good since the center of the log blocks were yellow. Oh well, I cut the aqua fabric and used it. It looks just fine.
This quilt is set in the traditional barn raising but has a star in the center. The flimsy measures 72" x 100". I added the narrow outside border so when I bind the quilt, I won't cover up the logs. Part of that narrow border will be trimmed before binding.
A close up of the center star.
I'll have these two flimsies long arm quilted.
The strings in the box are decreasing but the box still isn't empty. Now I'm going to divide the fabrics into lights and darks and see what I get.
Linking to Sew Fresh Quilts, Needle & Thread Thursday, the Peacock Party, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, TGIFF!, From Bolt to Beauty, Finished Or Not Friday, String Along, Show Off Saturday, Confessions of a Fabric Addict