Saturday, June 12, 2021

Purple Sprouts Blocks & Circle of Squares

Last Saturday I talked about how I'm making most of my RSC projects from 2.5" strips and squares. Another project from those boxes is scrappy sprouts.

I made 3 blocks from the purple squares. Remember, if there is a tiny bit of purple in the fabric, it is purple!

Here are those three blocks along with the two I made last year. I tried to shade the blocks from dark to light.


When we reach the end of RSC 2021, I'll audition the blocks and see what they look like set together. Maybe I'll have enough blocks for a quilt, maybe I'll want to keep on with the project next year, time will tell.

Here is a link to the scrappy sprouts pattern.

Another project from the squares is circle of squares. Here's a link to the pattern.

I make 2 blocks every month using a variety of background fabrics.


I'm using leftover fabrics for the background.

Some of the fabrics for the background are running low. The last several blocks this year will have a large variety of background fabrics.

Linking to Scrap Happy Saturday. 

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Your "Sprouts" are just lovely in all those purple shades--nice work ;)) hugs, Julierose

Ivani said...

I love the purple sprouts you made and also the purple circle of squares, and you are right if there is a little bit of purple it is drefinitly purple! ah-ha.
Have a wonderful weekend, Gretchen.

scraphappy said...

You do have such a great collection of background fabrics. The dark to light arrangement of the sprouts blocks is a nice effect. Much like what you might see in nature with the lighter new growth at the top.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your Sprouts and Circles look great in PURPLE, Gretchen!!

gayle said...

I love both of those blocks - the sprouts and the circles! Both look like such fun!

Susie H said...

Sprouts & Circles -- both so pretty! Glad to hear your making a dent in the backgrounds and 2.5" squares!

K Reeves said...

I love the gradation on the purple sprouts!