Tuesday, February 28, 2023

SAHRR, Round 6

Round 6 is the final round of the SAHRR. The pinwheel block was selected for this round. I chose to make 1 pinwheel because I already had a bunch of HST's in the orphan box. I sewed 4 HST's into a pinwheel.


I used flying geese strips to border the block. She measures 16.5" now, finishing at 16".


I mixed up the corner squares on the borders and didn't realize it until after I had sewn the geese to the pinwheel. Oh well.

When the SAHRR started, I pulled the light background orphans out of the orphan box. I have used most of those orphans in this quilt.

Next week is the display of the quilt flimsys. I know my quilt won't be quilted but I will have a flimsy to show you. My quilt has been made in a row by row fashion.


11 comments:

Maggie said...

Dear Gretchen,

You are using so many orphaned blocks creatively and it is going to be one very interesting quilt when it is done. Love the colours and they are beautiful. Have a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

Your block is beautiful! Can’t wait to see your flimsy 💙
Janie

Ivani said...

Your new block is beautiful, Gretchen.

loulee said...

Great block. If you had not admitted it, none of us would have known that you mixed the corners up. LOL Looking forward to seeing your flimsy.

Quilting Gail said...

Love the creativity of the flying geese around the pinwheel!!!
I look forward to seeing your flimsy in the parade!
Quilting Gail

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Lovely block and so creative! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss, my weekly show and tell linkup.

Nanette Chopin Cook said...

I like Row by Row quilts. Yours will be very different from others and pretty

Susan said...

Can't wait to see these all together. I see nothing wrong with the pinwheel block.

Andi said...

I love those blue geese! Such a fun project.

Carol Andrews said...

Gretchen I'm really enjoying seeing your progress on your SAHRR. I love the way you are managing to use up those orphan blocks and make it all work so well together. Hope this week has been going well. Thank you for linking with toDo Tuesday.

The Joyful Quilter said...

No one, but you and the SAHRR quilters will know that those corner squares got flipped. If it's any consolation, I did the something similar when sewing my Pinwheel block for this round. I'm SEW looking forward to your quilt top reveal, Gretchen!!