Sunday, February 19, 2023

Quilting Lady Jane

I've quilted across Lady Jane again, hopefully the color of the photos will be of better quality this time.

The individual colors are better this week but there is still a slight yellow tint in the pictures of the blocks. The colors in the above picture are the true colors.



This is the left side border of the quilt. I think you can actually see the quilting for once.


The next row across will include some of the center medallion, this quilt is so much fun to quilt!

Here is a link to the Lady Jane pattern.

The temperatures have been warmer and the snow melted several weeks ago. My amaryllis are blooming and add color to the dreary days.

The orange amaryllis are so lovely but that 2nd from the left one is a lovely variegated red. All of the plants have a 2nd bud and there are a couple plants that will be in bloom soon. I always like it when they bloom in January/February, they bring so much joy and color to winter days when the sun isn't shining.

Linking to Kathys Slow Stitching Sunday, Stitching Stuff, Oh Scrap, Magic Crafts, Sew & Tell,  Handmade Monday, Design Wall Monday, Craftastic Monday, Monday This 'N That,  Monday Musing

14 comments:

Ivani said...

So good and very inspiring to see your progress on Lady Jane, Gretchen. Your amaryllis are beautiful.
Have a nice week.

Kim said...

I do not wonder you are having so much fun quilting Sarah Jane! She is beautiful! Lovely, lovely amaryllis. How pretty they look all sitting in a row. Makes one think spring is not too far away for you.

Jayne Honnold said...

Looking good, Gretchen! You sure do have some pretty stitches! I am growing increasingly inspired to add a blue and white monkey wrench quilt to my "make" list!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous quilting. Beautiful fabrics in Lady Jane. Gail at the Cozy Quilter.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Such beautiful quilting! Those blooming amaryllis plants are gorgeous!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your quilting is so pretty and the color came through on my screen pretty good I think. I love those flowers - I hope to have more next year this fall I had to toss a lot of them as the bulbs didn't do well outside and looked half rotted. This year I will keep them in the pots instead

Karrin Hurd said...

Lady Jane is looking lovely! Your amaryllis are beautiful. One of mine bloomed and the flowers are long gone. Looks like it might get another stalk. The other one just has very long leaves. Happy stitching!

CathieJ said...

Lady Jane is looking great! I love the floral border fabric.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Beautiful quilting job on Lady Jane!

Jenny said...

Gorgeous quilt, beautiful quilting!

Kate said...

You've made great progress with your quilting. It's going to be a beautiful finish.

Susan said...

Mine are blooming too! One just bloomed out, a peach one, but the red-orange one put up two stems and the first has FOUR blooms in it. I'm so excited as they begin to open, and then to see what the second one has. The bulb is huge, so I expect great things. =) Thank you for the link to the pattern. I had missed seeing that beautiful center on yours.

LJ said...

Love seeing your work, of course. The blocks you showed how the quilting was on them was perfect. Thanks, Gretchen.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Gretchen your beautiful hand quilting never ceases to amaze me! This is gorgeous!