Sunday, March 6, 2022

Hearts & Wreaths

After I finished block 12 for my Hearts & Wreaths quilt, it was time to ready more blocks for applique. I have been working on 4 blocks at a time but this time I prepared 6 blocks.

First I chain-stitched embroidered all 6 blocks, then I appliqued hearts in the center of each block. 

Some of the blocks I really like, these turquoise and pinks hearts are my favorite of this group. I fussy cut the turquoise hearts, those butterflies are so cute!

There are 3 blocks with yellow in this group. Some of the yellow hearts are a little light but I think they'll show up against the background yellow. The leaves will brighten them up.



As usual, here is a link to the first post I wrote about Hearts & Wreaths. I have made a slight change to the pattern. The pattern recommends embroidering the circle with 2 strands of brown floss. I think black always makes fabrics pop so my circles are embroidered with 3 strands of black floss. 

Linking to Kathys Slow Stitching Sunday, Stitching Stuff, Oh Scrap, Show & Tell Monday, Monday Making, Handmade Monday, Design Wall Monday, BOM's Away

17 comments:

Created by Kathi said...

I like the blue butterflies fussy cut into hearts… each block prepped is awesome though but a bit of fussy cutting is awesome:). Happy stitching… I like a heavy line as well!
Kathi

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your hearts are nice and neat - I made a couple baby quilts years ago with that type of pattern - hearts in the corners some years ago they were for someone and I haven't seen those quilts in years I bet yours is a lot neater than mine was!

Ivani said...

These little appliqué hearts are amazing, very neat and well sewn.

Angela said...

I love you heart blocks. Agreed, black was the better choice for stitching.

CathieJ said...

Another group of beautiful blocks in the works! I love all of your pretty fabrics.

grammajudyb said...

I really like the look of needle turn appliqué! Too bad I’m not any good at it! Your hearts are lovely! It’s will be stunning !

Quilter Kathy said...

These blocks are just darling... the fussy cutting really adds interest too!

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful blocks! Happy stitching this week!

Kim said...

Those butterflies are indeed cute! More happy Hearts and Wreaths blocks to happily stitch away on.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

These blocks are as sweet as can be. How fun!. Happy quilting.

Jenny said...

So interesting to see how you deal with these blocks, em roidefing the circle, applying the hearts, then the flowers. Your work 8s always so beautiful

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Very pretty! The bright yellow works perfectly!!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

oh those are so pretty!

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Your heart flowers are Beautiful! You just inspired me
to start a new quilt...lol. Have a great day!

Gretchen Weaver said...

I'm glad to be an enabler, happy stitching!

Rehoboth said...

very pretty

visit us at https://youtu.be/ftQ-DGn8wWA

Kate said...

The pink and teal is a really striking block, but I think my favorite is the blue and purple. All of them turned out beautifully.