Another embroidered block for the redwork Christmas quilt is finished. This block was embroidered in a solid dark red and is a Gail Pan design. It was supposed to have a long stem but I couldn't figure out what it was supposed to be, so I shortened it so it would fit in the square.
This is how far the quilting on Floral Triangles went this week.
The right side border.
Since I made my quilt larger than the original pattern, I made duplicates of each block. I made sure the blocks used different fabrics and colorway.
This is probably my favorite design of all the triangles. The other triangle with this applique was in purples. I love them both!
I tried to use a variety of colors in this quilt. This combination is my least favorite.
I love the dark aqua of the darker leaves but the light leaves and the stem just don't do it for me. Fortunately the block doesn't stick out when you look at the quilt overall.
The bottom half of the applique block is quilted.
I'll probably quilt the pieced triangle this evening, then start on the next applique block.
Linking to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching, Oh Scrap, Bambi's Show & Tell Monday, Monday Making, Design Wall Monday, BOM's Away