Sunday, January 12, 2020

Halfway Finished!

I keep getting asked what kind of batting I use. I'm using Hobbs Tuscany 100% Wool. I buy my batting from Connecting Threads when batting is on sale. And it's on sale now! The sale lasts through February 11, 2020.


I'm halfway finished with the quilting on Floral Triangles!

Length of the quilt before rolling.


The last triangle in the row.


The left side border.

See the diagonal lines change directions? 

Halfway Finished!!!!!!!


I've rolled since I wrote the above, the right side border is quilted and the background of the first triangle. Need to stitch in the ditch around the applique in that block. Sorry, I don't have those pictures, you'll have to wait until next Sunday.

Linking to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching,  Oh Scrap, Bambi's Show & Tell MondayMonday MakingDesign Wall MondayBOM's Away

Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyMargaretEmmaTracyDebSusan,  Nanette,  EdithSharonKarrinGretchenKathi,  BellaDaisy and Connie

23 comments:

Created by Kathi said...

Lovely progress Gretchen... I love that wool batting, and the Cotton/ Wool mix they sell too :) Kathi

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love this quilt - half way is good.

The Crafty Creek said...

It's beautiful - the quilting looks perfect, I'd be happy if mine was half as neat as yours - I think I need to practice more :-)

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

Thank you for the heads up on the batting sale. I just ordered. Your quilt looks amazing - hope mine turns out half as nice.

K Reeves said...

Thank you for the reminder about your batting! Half way done is a great accomplishment. I do love the colors and the quilting you've chosen for this quilt, it is just lovely in every detail!

Karrin Hurd said...

Love seeing the progress of your beautiful quilting! This is a beauty!

stitchingirlblog.wordpress.com said...

This quilt is so beautiful!! Your stitching is so neat and even and makes all the details stand out so perfectly!

Sarah said...

So beautiful! How long has it taken to get to the half way point?

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I love connecting threads for batting too and they have some great designers fabric these days too always so tempting. I agree you can't beat wool. Of course your wonderful stitches really help to make this quilt come alive. Happy Stitching

Gretchen Weaver said...

I actually put Floral Triangles in the quilting frame last August but didn't quilt much until October. It's going a lot faster now since I don't have as much outside work. One thing good about winter, no flowerbed weeding or mowing yard!

Gretchen Weaver said...

That's the secret to even stitches, practice! I've been hand quilting since I was at least 15 or 16, I don't remember at all when I learned to hand quilt so that means I've been hand quilting for 50 years.

Little Penpen said...

You have such a good eye for the quilting design part. Beautiful!!

CathieJ said...

How wonderful that you are already halfway finished. Thanks for the batting recommendation.

Susan said...

Your quilting design is really pretty and so appropriate for this. Beautiful work. Congratulations on reaching half way!

Kim said...

Let me count the ways I love your gorgeous quilt! I cannot really, as each time I visit your lovely place to see the progress of this quilt, I am blown away by its beauty. Again....your quilting is amazing. How fabulous you are half way there. Enjoy a lovely week quilting.

LES is More said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LES is More said...

How do you mark your quilt? I missed that post! I’m afraid of the marks not coming out.

Pamela Arbour said...

You are doing a fantastic job on your handquilting. Just gorgeous.

Denise :) said...

Wow, you're making tremendous progress on this! Your hand quilting is so beautiful!! :)

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Lovely progress, halfway is quite the end ;)) Beautiful quilting

Sue said...

Fantastic work Gretchen. So perfect!

Gretchen Weaver said...

I use a light gray pencil, the kind you buy at fabric stores. Mark lightly! The mark doesn't disappear but you don't notice it after quilting.

EirinH said...

Beautiful! I am so impressed with all the work you have done with this quilt.
I wish you a great day!