Sunday, April 14, 2019

Hands 2 Help 2019

I've signed up to join in with the Hands To Help 2019 Challenge.


I participate in the MCC Comforter Bash and make comforter tops for them anyway.

Two very simple 60" by 80" comforter tops have been completed for this challenge. I don't need to quilt these tops, they'll be knotted.
For my pattern, I cut fabrics left from other projects into 5" blocks which I used in the center of each block. The sashing on the sides are cut at 2-1/2". The block finished at 8 1/2". 

Yes, some of those squares are string blocks, anything goes for the centers. Crumb blocks would be wonderful too.

Feel free to use this easy pattern and feel free to modify it for your own use.

Linking to Oh Scrap, Hands 2 Help 2019Let's Bee Social,  Needle & Thread Thursday

9 comments:

Sharon Tucker said...

The quilt tops are so pretty. Love the use of 5" scraps and the dark background color!!

Linda said...

Really cute pattern. Knotting the quilts is a great idea, it makes them even more comforting!

quiltingbydawn said...

Another great way to use up scraps!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Wonderful finishes!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love those - what a great idea!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on completing TWO quilt tops! I've always like making these blocks. They go fairly quickly, too!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great way to use up scraps and leftover blocks. Thanks for sharing your lovely quilt top with Oh Scrap!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Neat quilt! Easy pattern to make a quilt to gift to charity!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Lovely quilt!