Sunday, October 27, 2024

Elegant Garden, Block 2

I did complete the applique on Blueberry Pie this week but I didn't get a picture taken, sorry 😔. Since the Blueberry Pie applique is finished, I pulled another project.

Last August I wrote about starting a new applique project to use as a take-along project, Elegant Garden, an older applique pattern by Edyta Sitar, Laundry Basket Quilts. I had completed block one.

I finally finished block 2 which was started in September.

There was a LOT more applique on block 2 than block 1 and those pieces are very small, at least for my fingers. There was supposed to be more leaves on this block but I left several of them off, I thought this was enough.

When I opened my tub of civil war fabrics, I found several fat quarters of background fabrics I had purchased some time but I don't remember when. I cut the squares for each block then arranged them on the display wall. This way I shouldn't end up with the same background fabric next to each other.

Elegant Garden will be my main hand work project for now. Next Sunday I hope to show you Blueberry Pie.

I brought all of my Christmas Cactus into the house last week after they spent a week of quarantine in the garage. I sprayed them several time with an insect spray.

Most of the plants have buds and the yellow cactus is blooming! I normally get a second round of blooms after the new year.

Linking to Kathys Slow Stitching Sunday, Stitching Stuff, Oh Scrap, Handmade Monday, Sew & Tell, Craftastic Monday, Design Wall Monday, Monday Musings, To Do Tuesday

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty appliqué block. I have a very old Christmas cactus that has not bloomed for a while. Your white one is lovely. Gail at the cozy quilter

Kate said...

Looking forward to seeing how Blueberry Pie turned out. You've got a good start on your next project. Happy stitching this week.

Linda said...

That yellow cactus is pretty! Do you have a lot of Christmas cactus? I miss having them. My cats would try to munch on them.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I have several varieties, white, yellow, pink and red. I like to set them outside in the summer. I had a problem at the farmhouse with the piney squirrels chewing on them but they don't bother them at the new house.

Kim said...

Another pretty applique block. The background fabric is perfect. I have a few of those cacti. Yours is a pretty one.

Maggie said...

A new project, it looks amazing and this is just block number two. Appliqué is my favourite.

CathieJ said...

I've pretty much given up on my Christmas cactii ever blooming again. I have repotted them and fed them. Last summer I tried putting them outside and then bringing them in when it turned cold. I think my house may be too warm in general. Your latest applique is very pretty. I look forward to seeing all the different blocks.