Sunday, November 26, 2023

Hearts & Wreaths

The 3rd corner of the Hearts & Wreaths border was finished before we left for Maryland and I took several pictures. I'm sorry the left side got a little scrunched but you can still see the corners!

Just a close up picture of the corner.

If you click on the link at the bottom of this page about my first post about Hearts & Wreaths, you'll see a picture of the quilt. I changed my corners and didn't add the little leaf motif. For that reason I needed the vine/leaves to dip farther into the corner than the original.

It was challenging to make the curve the way I wanted it. It took 5 tries to have the correct curve, I wasn't sure it would be right until I appliqued the leaves. 

I always enjoy seeing pictures of the backs of quilts before they're quilted. 


Here is a link to my first post about Hearts & Wreaths. This post will give you information about the pattern, it also shows you a picture of the true yellow of the background fabric.

 Linking to Kathys Slow Stitching Sunday, Stitching Stuff, Oh Scrap, Handmade Monday, Sew & Tell, Design Wall Monday, Craftastic Monday, Monday Musings

26 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

This Is a gorgeous quilt. Love the change you made to the corners.

Kathi Clower said...

I am loving the progress you have made on the totally rad quilt! I too love 💕 seeing backs… but on this I prefer a front view! I’m excited you got the corners figured out … your leaves… are they all different fabrics for those? Or are there repeats??? Do you know how many leaves this will be in total?
The label should be a leaf shape on a stem poached to a heart shape… down the road of course!
Love visiting your blog on Sunday… you are sew creative!!! 🎈
Kathi

Kate said...

It's definitely another "WOW" quilt! Love all the colors, its such a bright and fun quilt.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Beautiful!!! You did a great job on redoing the corners, too!!!

Sue said...

Very pretty!

Linda said...

It's beautiful! I have to say I like your version better than the original shown on your first post. You did such a great job on the curves.

Julie in GA said...

I have loved watching the progress on your Hearts and Wreaths quilt ever since your very first post about it. You are getting so close to finishing the applique! It looks fantastic!

Michele McLaughlin said...

Gretchen, this quilt is STUNNING! I do love the border on this and each block is fantastic! Thanks for always inspiring us! Sending hugs!

Maggie said...

Dear Gretchen,

She is a beauty and with your hand quilting she will be stunning. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Winter has arrived up north and the snow has been coming and going. Another storm arrives later today, perfect for quilting in front of the fire. Have a wonderful week.

CathieJ said...

I like how you decided to turn the corners. I can imagine it was a little frustrating at first to get the arc just right. This is such a beautiful quilt.

Nanette Chopin Cook said...

Gretchen it is absolutely exquisite! You are now a Master needle turn Appliquer and pattern improver! This is definitely a Best of Show Quilt. I am so ready to get back to quilting in 2924!

Angela said...

What a gorgeous quilt!

Deb A said...

Stunning. I love your version of the outer border. I think it sets off the quilt beautifully.

Quilter Kathy said...

Spectacular! I don't even know how you figured out those corner curves, but it's perfection!

Florida Farm Girl said...

Just WOW! I can't even imagine appliqueing all those leaves!! And you make it look so easy........

Jenny said...

Oh so close to a finish, so exciting!

Rebecca Grace said...

Gretchen, this is coming along so nicely. It's going to be another exquisite finish for you soon!

EL INVENTARIO DE MJ said...

Felicidades un gran trabajo!!
BESOS

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Such a beautiful quilt, I love all the colour in this! A lot of applique, amazing handwork.

cityquilter grace said...

so beautiful indeed....

Karrin Hurd said...

Gorgeous quilt, I love it! Great work!

Lin said...

Looking lovely Gretchen xx

Sara said...

Wow!! It's stunning! You do such beautiful applique work.

JOY @ http://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/ said...

Your work looks amazing.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Gretchen this turned out beautifully! Thanks for sharing with us on Monday Musings!

Moois van mie said...

Oh waw! What a beautiful quilt!