Friday, July 7, 2023

Christmas Star Quilt

I've started another Christmas quilt, no surprise there! I've seen this block before on Jo's blog but decided to start piecing a quilt of my own. Jo has a good tutorial on piecing the block.

I quickly pieced four blocks just so I could see how they look together. The star appears when you place the blocks together. 







This is what an individual block looks like.


I'm in the process of sewing the HST's. With 120 blocks in the quilt and 4 HST's in a block, that's 480 HST's! 

To make the HST's, I'm using the HST's ruler. 


Just make sure you have the right sides together and the triangles are ready to sew.

Sarah will be having a Christmas in July blog hop later this month but I'm busy then and might be absent part of the time. 

Linking to Put Your Foot Down, TGIFF!, Peacock Party, Whoop Whoop Party, Finished or Not  Friday, Off the Wall Friday, Beauty Pageant, Patchwork & Quilts

12 comments:

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

I love Jo's Christmas design and have thought of making it. Looking great!

Jenny said...

What a lovely design,I'll be watching this one with interest. 480 HSTs will certainly keep you busy.

Michele McLaughlin said...

480 HSTs!!! Wowsa! I do love the layout but really appreciate the colors you chose! It will make such a pretty holiday quilt and has nice contrast! Have a wonderful day!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

What a great block. It will make a lovely Christmas quilt.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

For sure the ruler will make the process of cutting so many HST a little more fun and with no waste. The block is wonderful, it's going to be a beautiful scrappy Christmas quilt!

Rebecca Grace said...

This will be a lovely new Christmas quilt, Gretchen!

Kim said...

That's a lot of HST's. This is going to be a lovely Christmas quilt.

Lynn C. said...

I made Jo's Christmas quilt too. It's a great pattern and I love how it turned out.
I always gravitate towards the patterns with many smaller pieces. Can't help myself. Sometimes I count the pieces just for curiosity's sake but it doesn't stop me from choosing that project.
Your quilt will be gorgeous when done!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like that one!!! THis will make a beautiful quilt!!

Leanne Parsons said...

This will be beautiful!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I love this block - will make a pretty Xmas Quilt

Raewyn said...

I love it - your quilt will be gorgeous!!