I didn't want to start a new sewing machine project Sunday morning at the retreat so I pulled the Darlene Zimmerman embroidery panel I brought along and started another block. Looking back in my blog, I see I started embroidering this panel in 2017!
Since I don't have a quilt in the frame for hand quilting and I'm not appliqueing Hearts & Wreaths, I had plenty of time to finish this block. Of course I changed the colors of the flowers to my liking. The light green balls on the darker green stems are french knots wrapped around the needle 8 times. I thought they added some texture to the block.
I'm trying to finish projects the rest of this year. This panel has been languishing for sometime in the embroidery project drawer but now I have a purpose for these blocks, time to get them finished!
The embroidery has started on the last block, hopefully that will be completed by next Sunday.