Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Checkered Past

Do you ever have a morning when things are going well then disaster hits? When I have a morning like that, I don't feel like doing anything the rest of the day. That happened to me one morning in November.

I made myself sew anyway but I didn't work on any of my projects in progress. After viewing all the lovely projects on the Making a Lather blog, I looked up the pattern for Checkered Past and made a block. 

I didn't make my block using the sizes Becky specified in her pattern, I used squares from the 2" box and cut my center square 6.5", 6" finished. My block finishes at 12". 

I don't know if I'll set this and future blocks together like Becky's pattern, I have plenty of time to think about it this coming winter.

I love my block! This will definitely be a great pattern for reducing all the squares and strips in the 2" boxes.

All the free patterns on the Quilted Twin website are wonderful. My only complaint is I really wish they were in alphabetical order instead of random. 

4 comments:

Ivani said...

I do love your block also, Gretchen.

Rebecca in AK said...

I love this block! A great way to use up some of my scraps. I think it would look great in plaids.

QuiltGranma said...

I think we all have a checkered past, if we will only admit it! What a great block for using some large 'picture" or seek and find in the middle of!

Judy Hansen said...

I like your new block. I too, think it would look great in plaids. I shall have to try it! Hugs, Judy