Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Puss in the Corner Progress

The alternate pink/brown blocks are pieced for puss in the corner. I've started arranging the blocks on the display floor but I don't have room to distribute all the blocks at one time. 


There are enough blocks arranged to sew 9 diagonal rows and I'm starting that process but I won't sew those rows into a section yet. I need to add brown setting triangles. I think I have enough brown fabric left from the border of scrappy barn quilt, if not, I'll pick up more the next time I go to the grocery store.

I had pulled the first two blocks of three diagonal rows on the top left side and took them to the sewing machine. Then I remembered I didn't take a picture, so I did. I didn't lay those blocks back down. 

I've used all the original fabrics leftover from Wilfred & Cloves. I've pulled fabrics from the stash that will look good, not necessarily exact match but close enough. Some of these fabrics were in the ugly class (to me anyway!) but look much better when cut in small squares and sashed.

The Wilfred & Cloves pattern is found in Creating Heirlooms One Stitch at a Time by Carolyn Konig.

Linking to To Do Tuesday, Jo's JunctionMidweek MakersClever Chameleon, Wednesday Wait Loss, Needle & Thread Thursday

15 comments:

Ray and Jeanne said...

This looks great! Brown setting squares and borders will be perfect. ~Jeanne

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a lot of blocks. you are right if you don't like a fabric if you cut them small enough and mix them up you do not notice them so much

Julierose said...

Just love how this is coming together...great block for strip piecing...nice work hugs from afar Julierose

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Beautiful blocks...will make an awesome
quilt...have a great day!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a beautiful color combination! I really like the brown for the setting triangles.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That is going to be a gorgeous quilt!!

Rose Marie said...

This is going to be lovely!

Angela said...

Great quilt!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Love the colors! A mate to the Wilford! Hugs

Lynette said...

Hey, this is a neat ensemble. I wouldn't have thought of putting these colors together, but they play out so nicely. . . I need to think outside of my box more often and find combos I wouldn't have thought of up front.

Katie said...

This is so fun!

Rebecca Grace said...

"Ugly" fabrics looking better once they're cut up -- isn't that always the way? Your blocks look WONDERFUL and there is nothing ugly about this quilt!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I just went back and had a look at your Wilfred and Cloves. So beautiful. I love these pinks and browns, what a terrific combination and finished look. Always a pleasure to view your quilting. Gretchen.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Loving this, pink & brown have always been a favourite combo of mine! It's great to see 'brown' being used a bit more, it will work well for your setting triangles, and using up some of those 'ugly' fabrics is always a bonus.

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

So scrappy! Loving this. I'm sure even the "ugly" fabric will look good here because this is so pretty. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.