Thursday, May 7, 2020

Midnight Blues

Since the fast and easy projects have been pieced and are at the long arm quilter, the next project to be progressed is Midnight Blues.

I last posted about Midnight Blues in December 2019 when I showed the snowball blocks made at the Jane Stickle November retreat. 

The snowball blocks are the alternate blocks to the shoofly blocks I made for Bonnie Hunter's shoofly block challenge.  

My pattern is based on this quilt by Jayne.  She gave her quilt a different name but I decided on Midnight Blues for my quilt.

My plan had been to sew these blocks together at this year's Jane Stickle retreat in April but we all know how planned activities in April went this year. I did tentatively think about saving this project for the November retreat this fall but decided I want it finished NOW!


The individual blocks finish at 4-1/2". Sewing a row 17 blocks by 4-1/2" is just too fiddly. I'm sewing the center section in 4 parts then sewing the sections together. The picture below is the top left section.



Below are the top two sections sewn together.



The width measurement is 77" which is actually what it should be!

I like dark blues and have lots of small fabric pieces left from former projects. There are over 20+ blues in this quilt. What is amazing is when I look at the fabric, I remember the quilt it was used in!

Linking to Peacock Party, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, TGIFF!, Brag About Your Beauties, Finished Or Not Friday, UFO Busting

12 comments:

Karen said...

Pretty in the blues. Looks like you ended up with perfect points and to size!

Katie said...

What a fun pattern!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I love blues! Great scrap buster!!!

Created by Kathi said...

I love your midnight blue flimsy... just delightful Gretchen!

Kathi

maggie fellow said...

wonderful way to set those shoofly blocks. They are small

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice I always like blue and white

Chantal said...

Gorgeous! Looking forward to the transformation after your wonderful quilting is done. Stunner! ;^)

Barbara said...

Very pretty quilt. I love how two simple blocks can make such a pretty pattern.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh wow!!! This is my kinda quilt - how beautiful!!!

grammajudyb said...

I’ll say it again, just in case myself didn’t listen last time! I want to make a blue and white quilt. This is a great one! Fabulous!

Anne-Marie said...

Love the colors and the pattern!

QuiltGranma said...

what an interesting quilt, I would not have realized it was snowball and shoo fly!