I've started a new quilt which will be a donation flimsy. The pattern I'm using is called Stars Around the Garden. I'm using older fabric from an Edyta Sitar line called "Snowbird". I pulled additional fabrics from my stash, several medium browns and a couple medium and dark blues, just to give more contrast.
I've completed 9 blocks so far.
#1 This block is made with only fabrics from the fabric line.
#2 This block has some of the added fabrics.
The brown/blue flying geese are the fabrics I added. I think they blend well.
The blue in the corner HST's is from the fabric line.
#3 Again I added the same brown and brighter blue that I used in block 2.
#4 The corner squares of this block were supposed to be different. The triangle piece was to have been blue but I mistakenly cut background fabric. I just used those triangles and made the block unique.
If I hadn't told you, you would have never noticed the difference!
#5 These fabrics are from the original line.
#6 Added a different brown which looks good with the light blue of the original line.
#7 Again, a different brown.
#8 The light blue is from my stash.
I never noticed the Whoops! until I took this picture. I'll be taking that bottom row off this evening then resewing. This is an easy fix.
Sometimes I just get in a hurry when I have a block close to competition.
#9 The only fabric from the original line is the background fabric. The blues look fine to my eye but that brown is yuck!
This block will definitely be reworked. It will be easier to make a whole new block.
If you looked at the pattern on the link above, you saw there is a medallion center. I'm working on the applique but you'll have to wait until Sunday to see my progress.
Linking to Midweek Makers, Needle & Thread Thursday, Peacock Party, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, TGIFF!, Brag About Your Beauties, Finished Or Not Friday