Sunday, July 14, 2019

Give Thanks

After finishing the quilting on Miss Jane, the first Give Thanks table runner went into the hoop quilting frame. Now remember, I did NOT do the embroidery, my friend Carol did.



It's quilted and the 2nd runner is now on the frame. I'll wait until it's finished to sew the bindings.


Here a close up of the center.

I hand quilted around the embroidery with regular weight quilting thread.

For the 1 1/4" cross hatching I used #12 Sulky thread. It's a variegated cream/beige color. I also used the same thread  to stitch in the ditch by the narrow dark brown border.


The leaves on the trees reminded me of clam shells so that's what I did, I quilted 2 1/2" clam shells on the outside border. 

The clam shell quilting doesn't show much on the front but looks very nice on the backside. I used a variegated gold thread on the outside border, also Sulky #12 weight.

Linking to Kathy's Slow Sunday StitchingOh Scrap, Bambi's Show & Tell MondayMonday Making, Design Wall MondayBOM's AwayMoving It Forward, WIPs On Wednesday

20 comments:

CathieJ said...

Great quilting. What a pretty piece. I really like the way the back looks.

Deb said...

This is such a beautiful piece your quilting is lovely and your friend's embroidery stitching is so pretty. I have the tree fabric somewhere I should plan on an autumn piece soon.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice embroidery, I recently got one for Xmas redwork so I must look through it soon and draw up some of the patterns and can take along this fall when we travel

Marly said...

I like your choice of quilting design to fit the top, this makes the piece a lovely whole.

Karrin Hurd said...

Love your quilting! Great work!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Very very nice Gretchen. I think I will hand quilt my French General Atelier De France embroidery! Not of space around the embroidery but the border will look nice hand quilted!

Karen's Korner said...

Great team work.

Quilter Kathy said...

I really love cross hatching behind embroidery designs... must remember that!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful quilting!

Sue said...

I too love your quilting Gretchen.

Created by Kathi said...

Now that you have such a cool quilting plan for this table topper/wall hanging... whichever the recipients decide to use it for... the second one should go even faster than the first one did... I love your choices of crosshatching the center not over the embroidered areas though.. and clam shell for your mitered borders... I love that mitered tree border fabric you found too.. very nice finish for these pieces I agree... will you use the dark brown for binding too or something different?? I look forward to seeing them done and washed.. I used a clamshell on one of my wall hanging borders as well and once washed it added fun texture to the finish :)
Have a wonderful week Gretchen! Kathi

Bonnie said...

Boy did that turn out well. You've done a great job.

Lynette said...

I love Thanksgiving decorations. These must be fun to work on - small, quickly finished compared to a bed size quilt!

Pumpkin said...

I love pumpkins!!! Nice wo

Susie H said...

Beautiful quilting! Good choices on the motifs & thread color.

Maggie said...

The quilting on this stitched piece is just perfect. How many of us who embroider and then never finish it, because we can not see the end result. Love the clams shells in the border design.

Angela said...

It is lovely!

K Reeves said...

Your quilting plans are always so helpful, I am starting to see possibilities now in the quilts I am stitching. Thanks for sharing those details. The runners are wonderful!

dq said...

Love love love this sew sew much!

slotonline2019 said...

Thanks for sharing this article about Posting, Followed by you I did started Guest Posting for my blog.
บาคาร่า
baccarat online
บาคาร่าออนไลน์
slots