Sunday, July 21, 2019

Give Thanks Finishes

The Give Thanks table runners are finished!


The runner with the darker Give Thanks words measures 16 1/2" by 23 1/4".


And the back looks like this.

You don't see the clam shell quilting on the front very well.


The runner with the yellow Give Thanks measures 15 1/2" by 22 1/2". 


And it's back looks like this.

My friend Carol was the embroiderist (that may not be a word but I just invented it), I attached the borders and did the hand quilting. I also sewed the single fold bindings.

The embroidery is from the Give Thanks Table Runner designed by Meg Hawkey for Crabapple Hill Studio.

I'll let Carol choose which runner she wants to gift to her friend, either one is fine with me. Now I have an autumn table runner and it's still summer! Two more small projects finished!

I've stumbled across another hand embroidery sew along over on Days Filled With Joy. I don't know when it started or ends but the patterns are free for now. You're all adults, you can do the checking to see what's it about.

Next Sunday I'll show you the next small project I'm working with. This one will keep me busy for the rest of the summer.

I took more pictures of flowers from the beds. Next winter I'll come back to these posts and look at the flowers, so colorful!


The lilies I had shown you earlier have finished blooming. Now the asiatic lilies have started. I have 3 separate plants. They look similar but they're all different.






The day lilies are also blooming, I have several different colors. 








Those were all single blossoms, here is a double bloom.


The tall phlox are starting to bloom now. I did thin out some of these but they need more work. The yellow day lilies got in the picture too.


The black eyed Susans are full of blooms along with the purple cone flowers.

I know it's hot and humid but summer is still my favorite season of the year.

Linking to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching, Oh Scrap, Bambi's Show & Tell MondayMonday MakingDesign Wall MondayBOM's AwayMoving It Forward, WIPs On Wednesday

15 comments:

Jill said...

Crabapple Hills patterns are great. How nice to have a holiday project completed ahead of time. How about an embroideress? 😉 Lovely flower garden filled with all-time favorites.

CathieJ said...

Those table runners are very pretty. I am looking forward to seeing your new project. Your flowers are gorgeous. I love asiatic and day-lilies. I really need to put in some different colors.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Embroideress sounds great! I so enjoy the flowers in the summertime. Happy Stitching!

Gretchen Weaver said...

The variety of day lilies has really expanded since I was a child. They're so beautiful!

Julierose said...

Lovely finishes on the embroidered pieces--and your day lilies are beautiful..so vibrant...hugs, Julierose

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

They turned out great! How neat that you and your friend were both to put some stitches into them! Your flowers are just gorgeous!

Created by Kathi said...

Gretchen... such a full and busy week you have had... I can't believe you got the binding sewed on AND sewed down and blogged about too! I want some purple coneflowers.. that may be next springs planting addition to our yard... we are taking out some shrubs as there were just too many... and hoping to plant some tulips and lilies in cheddar color this fall for spring blooms in the future... but purple coneflowers are gorgeous. Your lilies are delectable though girl... thanks for sharing all the goodness from your land!!! Have a blessed Sunday ! Kathi

Deb said...

Both of the Give Thanks runners turned out lovely. I am doing a stitch along with Days filled with Joy, its the Christmas stitchery that just started.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I love the coneflowers, they're so colorful. The finches love them too, they love the seeds when the flower heads dry up. Coneflowers, at least mine to, really spread. You'll love your lilies!

Karrin Hurd said...

Great table runners

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Both table runners are so pretty and the border fabric is perfect! We have one Lillie that blooms in late July and it is white. I thought that they would bloom in April but they always bloom during the hottest time of the year! Oh boy a surprise project! Hugs

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Hey that is a neat site for embroidery - easy stuff, but cute! Thx for the heads up!

Susie H said...

Beautiful runners and flowers.

Glenda said...

Dear Gretchen how lovely to see your lovely runners veggies then take a lovely walk through your garden with you, how beautiful it looks. It so surprises me that you have this bountiful garden so full of flowers and colour after your hard snow covered ground in the winter???????? Cheers Glenda

Kim said...

Oh, your Lilies and the other pretty flowers in the garden have made me yearn for Spring even more. Your garden is as pretty as a picture, Gretchen. Yes, when your little place is deep within the chills of winter you will be able to look at this post and be cheered up. Those runners have turned out beautifully. The embroideries are sweet and the quilting finishes them off perfectly.