Thursday, June 13, 2019

2019 Hands 2 Help Challenge


This year I participated in the Hands 2 Help Challenge. Sarah puts a lot of work and effort into this challenge. From recruiting bloggers who take the time to demonstrate a quilt they've made, to gathering sponsors who donate thank you gifts for the quilters.

The challenge is over for this year. Two hundred quilters made and donated a total of 876 quilts which is wonderful!

 I received the book City Quilts by Cherri House as my thank you. I found it interesting that all the quilts in the book were made from solid fabrics. Living in northern Indiana in "Amish Country", most of the solid fabric quilts I encounter are Amish quilts.


These two quilts were my favorites.

What can I say? City Harbor looks definitely Amish.


City Sweets is not Amish but really cute. I love the simplicity of the pattern. I can see myself making these quilts someday. 

Thank you Sarah for organizing Hands 2 Help 2019 and thank you to Cherri House for donating the book.

Linking to Needle & Thread Thursday, Peacock Party, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, TGIFF

3 comments:

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I need to do this next year! In fact, I need to make some charity tops!

Kathleen said...

I love those quilts. I grew up near the other Amish country in PA.

grammajudyb said...

What a fun book to add to your library! Solids are outside my comfort zone. Only one small baby quilt, have I done in solids. Blues with a splash of Mustard!