Sunday, May 6, 2018

Quilting Nearly Insane, Week 6 & Star Dance

Last Sunday I showed you two rows of hand quilting in one week on Nearly Insane. That didn't happen last week, I did complete a single row, row 3-1/2. The blocks are 6" finished.


Left side zigzag border and a half basket triangle. 





This was a fun and fast block to quilt. The star looks so cute.


Can you see the quilting in the center of this block? The quilting is (are?) curves. The seams of the 1/2" HST's were pressed open, it was just easier to quilt over them instead of beside the seams.



I like this star. For this block I just quilted in 1/4" from the edge of the blue and from the edge of the dark blue. I was concerned that the center of the star would poof out but it didn't.

This is my favorite block of this row.




Right side half basket and border.
The leaves have been appliqued and the vine is being appliqued onto the second corner of Star Dance

The stars are 4" finished.

Linking to Kathy's Slow Sunday StitchingOh Scrap, Show & Tell Monday With Bambi, Em's ScrapbagLove Laugh Quilt, BOM's Away, Small QuiltsFiber TuesdayEsther's Wednesday WOW!, Whatever Wednesday

14 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

I understand the name of this quilt...you have to be nearly insane to make a 6” block with that many 1/2” HST’s! I’m enjoying a good look at each block as you quilt. Lovely appliqué as well!

CathieJ said...

I like seeing your updates on Nearly Insane. I love the black and blue star.

Ivani said...

Your hand quilting is awesome. Oh how I admire who know how to hand quilt! Your Nearly Insane will be a masterpiece Gretchen. I feel I need to learn how to do this.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

such a pretty vine on that top - it will look lovely for sure. Sometimes we just can't get done with as much quilting as we want to do can we

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

More fun quilting designs this week. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I am quite taken with your Nearly Insane in blues with yellow. And my goodness, what lovely quilting you are doing with it. I hope you enjoy it all.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fabulous quilting on Nearly Insane, but I absolutely LOVE where Star Dance is headed!!!

AnnieO said...

Lots of stitches taken on these projects. Lovely.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

NI is coming along and the your quilting is beautiful! Love that border on Star Dancing!

Bonnie said...

Slow but steady gets the quilting done. (Said by the one who walks away from her hand quilting projects for years at a time....)

Frog Quilter said...

Star Dance is beautiful!

Created by Kathi said...

I love your hand quilting progress this week... you know every week can't be a marathon hand quilting week or your hands may give out or your creativity with this fun quilt!!! I also love your Star Dance quilt and how you are doing your applique on that border! Kathi

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Gretchen,
Your Nearly Insane quilt is just gorgeous. I love seeing your hand quilting update - you do beautiful work.
~smile~ Roseanne

Judy Hansen said...

Progress, progress. You are an inspiration to me. I would love to know how to hand quilt. Sometime at retreat, I would like a small lesson from you, if you would oblige me. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday, Judy