Several times, over the last months, I have mentioned my list of the 10 unfinished quilts (UFQ's) I'm trying to progress into the flimsy stage this year.
This is my list. I'm not necessarily finishing the quilts in this order but I have listed the finished flimsies first. Two of the completed flimsies were started from yardage this year. The rest were started before 2018. I just want to get them completed.
1. Nearly Insane - top is finished! and is in the hand quilting frame now. I blog about my quilting progress every Sunday on Kathy's Slow Stitching Sundays.
2. Pastor's Attic Quilt - The applique borders have been completed and the flimsy is finished! I need to get it marked so whenever the Nearly Insane quilting is finished, Pastor's Attic is ready for the hand quilting frame.
3. Bricks & Stepping Stones - comforter top for the school auction my Pennsylvania grandchildren attend. Finished! - a Bonnie Hunter pattern
The children at school will knot this comforter.
This was a quick and simple pattern. I have plenty of rectangles left. I see more Bricks & Stepping Stones in my future.
4. King sized Boston Commons quilt for the school auction the Pennsylvania grandchildren attend. Finished!
Someone in Pennsylvania will hand quilt this quilt.
I really like how this turned out but now I want to make one for our bed but in blues and yellows, maybe in 2019?
5. Sweet Surrender - the center is completed. Just need to piece the outside border. I am not going to applique the border, I'll piece it. I'm tired of appliqueing this thing.
6. Star Dance - I'm appliqueing the borders now. My quilt is larger than the pattern.
I'm so glad winter is gone!
7. Baskets & 9-Patches - the center is completed and the baskets are being foundation paper pieced.
8. Fat Quarter Challenge - this is a challenge with the Maple Leaf Quilt guild. I will show you the finished project the end of June.
9. Wilfred & Cloves - Still waiting, the blocks are pieced, just need to get everything sewn together.
I last wrote about Wildred & Cloves in April, 2017.
10. No Name 4-1/2" finished 9 patch blocks - No Picture. Most of the 9 patches are pieced. This is a project I started on my own without a pattern. The idea is in my head. It will be lovely if it turns out like I hope.
There are still several more unfinished scrappy quilts. If I should actually be able to complete the above 10 quilts, I'll move onto these projects.
11. Sisters Choice - I made a mistake in sewing the star points and had to recalculate. This is a Bonnie Hunter pattern or it was a Bonnie Hunter pattern, now it's mutated into something else!
12. Kitty Corner - I've made several quilts from this pattern years ago. I have leftovers from those quilts and just want to get the bits and pieces moved out of the tub. No picture. The pattern comes from the January/February 2000 issue of Fons & Porters Love of Quilting magazine, page 34.
13. Bonnie Hunter's Scrappy Trips pattern or maybe her Bargello pattern. No picture, this is the lowest priority of all the unfinished projects. Strips are sewn but need to be cut.
Linking to Let's Bee Social, Whatever Wednesday, Sew, Stitch, Snap SHOW, Needle & Thread Thursday, Finished Or Not Friday, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, TGIFF!, Finish It Up Friday, Show Off Saturday
Hey Gretchen... what a great way to organize yourself almost mid year to make a list with pics of all your projects.. you are making WoNDERfuL progress on each one of them too... it is the first time for me to see Insane in it's full glory... previously I just started following you from Kathy's and saw only block pics as you have completed hand quilting them... totally awesome quilt though... as are all of them.. I am glad you made such fun quilts for your grandkids school auction too... and how cool that while one will get hand quilted by someone ... the other will be tied by the kids at the school!!! I love that idea :) Good luck on completing this list this year and thanks for a great idea on WIP organization and showing off all you have already completed!! Kathi
I am so impressed with your projects and finishes - way to go:)
you have so many tops that you show today that I just love - wonderful work
Your "Pastor's Attic" is my favorite of your projects. I have never heard of the "Wilfred and Cloves" design. I searched and found a couple pictures of the quilt. Looks like the rest of your work will be pieced blocks on that one. Funny name for a quilt.
I love every single one of them! I hope you manage to finish them someday..!
You have really accomplished a lot by making the 2018 the year to finish tops! Congrat's to you! Love all of them! You do great with scrappy!
So much to love in these quilts, and so much work too. Love the look of Star DAnce. Thanks for linking to Sew, Stitch, Snap, SHARE.
Hi Gretchen! You have made fabulous progress on your UFOs! I just adore the Sweet Surrender quilt - the pattern and fabrics really call out to me. That and Star Dance - I love stars. Keep up the great work! ~smile~ Roseanne
Wow! You're a rock star quilter. I wish I had more time to make tops... I have a longarm business, so I am always doing other people's quilts. I love your style and color choices. Well done, you!
You have such lovely project to work on.
Wowsa! Those are some amazing quilts! That nearly insane is INSANE for sure. How amazing!!! Your work is just stunning.
Wow, you have a lot of quilts in progress. There are such a variety of styles, too. All are gorgeous. I like the homeyness of Bricks and Stepping Stones, the elegance of Wilfred and Cloves, and rhythm, pattern, and colors of Star Dance. Beautiful work!
So many beautiful quilts! Still in love with star dance ;)
That's not a really long list, and each top is so beautiful. You've made lots of progress, especially considering the hand quilting and the appliqué. I'm impressed with your industriousness!
This could also be titled as your list of beautiful tops... they are all so lovely - well done on the ones you've made such good progress on and have fun working on the others :-)
Well, can we extend the year about 2 months? I am hoping to get going on my hand work now along with Stars, but you are beating me girl! I need 60 more days in 2018 or I need to quit sleeping! I am so proud of you and all the work you have accomplished! All are so beautiful!!!!! Hugs!
PS - I am glad that I am not posting as much - that was really taking up a lot of time when I could be getting caught up! (what a laugh!)
Gosh, what a lot of beautiful flimsies. They are amazing but I especially love Nearly Insane, it looks stunning but I can imagine going pretty insane while piecing it. Beautiful.
Post a Comment