Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Rainbow Scrap Challenge

The RSC color in March was red but I made green blocks instead. Now it is May, the color is green so now I am making the red blocks. 


Nine little 4" finished star blocks. The stars are for the Star Dance quilt. Of course I'm making the quilt larger than the pattern calls for.

15 4-patch blocks are completed.

I finally took the time to figure how many blocks I need in a row, 15. So I pieced the additional purple and teal blocks I need. I may need more later but at least I have the minimum amount finished.

Linking to - Quilter's MondayBOM's Away!Sew, Stitch, Snap SHOW, Sew Fresh QuiltsMy Quilt Infatuation, Finished Or Not FridayCrazy Mom Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Scrap Happy Saturday, Show Off Saturday

20 comments:

Alison V. said...

These blocks look lovely!

LethargicLass said...

Your blocks look great!

Mari said...

What great-looking blocks! I love the stars especially.

Julie said...

Love your little stars - so accurate too. Thanks for linking up to Sew, Stitch, Snap, Share.

Pamela Arbour said...

Oh my! That's a lot of tiny stars! I know it will be beautiful when you finish. In my stage in life, I can't imagine making all those tiny blocks. Congratulations on a big accomplishment.

Jayne said...

This is going to be amazing! I love the little star blocks!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

That Star Dance quilt is going to be so pretty with all the different colors! Your 4 patches are looking good too! You are really keeping up with your projects.....

Home Sewn By Us said...

WOW - your 3" stars look just perfect. Great job!! ~smile~
Roseanne

grammajudyb said...

That's a lot of little blocks! Great job!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Both sets of blocks are so pretty! I especially love the tiny stars! Have fun with them!

Katie Z. said...

Very nice!

Cathy said...

Cute little stars!

barbara woods bewtjw@gmail.com said...

i love two color quilts , made us a blue and white a few years ago

Kathy S. said...

Beautiful piecing. Your blocks are soooo perfect and crisp!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Your piecing is just lovely and whew...3 inch blocks. I stand in awe :)

PaulaB quilts said...

Your tiny blocks are impressive. You are right about figuring the totals needed. It gives you a goal and incentive to reach it. Keep up the good work!

Rachel said...

Very pretty! I love those tiny stars!

Cathy Tomm said...

Good looking blocks and so many.

Nell's Quilts said...

Lots of catching up. Well done.

Lynette said...

oooo - Those compound 4-patch blocks have more work in them than first realized! Nice sets there. Love those 4" stars. :)