Several times, over the last months, I have mentioned my list of the 10 unfinished quilts (UFQ's) I'm trying to progress into the flimsy stage this year.
This is my list. I'm not necessarily finishing the quilts in this order but I have listed the finished flimsies first. Two of the completed flimsies were started from yardage this year. The rest were started before 2018. I just want to get them completed.
1. Nearly Insane - top is finished! and is in the hand quilting frame now. I blog about my quilting progress every Sunday on Kathy's Slow Stitching Sundays.
2. Pastor's Attic Quilt - The applique borders have been completed and the flimsy is finished! I need to get it marked so whenever the Nearly Insane quilting is finished, Pastor's Attic is ready for the hand quilting frame.
3. Bricks & Stepping Stones - comforter top for the school auction my Pennsylvania grandchildren attend. Finished! - a Bonnie Hunter pattern
The children at school will knot this comforter.
This was a quick and simple pattern. I have plenty of rectangles left. I see more Bricks & Stepping Stones in my future.
4. King sized Boston Commons quilt for the school auction the Pennsylvania grandchildren attend. Finished!
Someone in Pennsylvania will hand quilt this quilt.
I really like how this turned out but now I want to make one for our bed but in blues and yellows, maybe in 2019?
5. Sweet Surrender - the center is completed. Just need to piece the outside border. I am not going to applique the border, I'll piece it. I'm tired of appliqueing this thing.
6. Star Dance - I'm appliqueing the borders now. My quilt is larger than the pattern.
I'm so glad winter is gone!
7. Baskets & 9-Patches - the center is completed and the baskets are being foundation paper pieced.
8. Fat Quarter Challenge - this is a challenge with the Maple Leaf Quilt guild. I will show you the finished project the end of June.
9. Wilfred & Cloves - Still waiting, the blocks are pieced, just need to get everything sewn together.
I last wrote about Wildred & Cloves in April, 2017.
10. No Name 4-1/2" finished 9 patch blocks - No Picture. Most of the 9 patches are pieced. This is a project I started on my own without a pattern. The idea is in my head. It will be lovely if it turns out like I hope.
There are still several more unfinished scrappy quilts. If I should actually be able to complete the above 10 quilts, I'll move onto these projects.
11. Sisters Choice - I made a mistake in sewing the star points and had to recalculate. This is a Bonnie Hunter pattern or it was a Bonnie Hunter pattern, now it's mutated into something else!
12. Kitty Corner - I've made several quilts from this pattern years ago. I have leftovers from those quilts and just want to get the bits and pieces moved out of the tub. No picture. The pattern comes from the January/February 2000 issue of Fons & Porters Love of Quilting magazine, page 34.
13. Bonnie Hunter's Scrappy Trips pattern or maybe her Bargello pattern. No picture, this is the lowest priority of all the unfinished projects. Strips are sewn but need to be cut.
Linking to Let's Bee Social, Whatever Wednesday, Sew, Stitch, Snap SHOW, Needle & Thread Thursday, Finished Or Not Friday, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, TGIFF!, Finish It Up Friday, Show Off Saturday