The Pastor's Attic Quilt are finished!! One step closer to a final finish.
Now I need to prep the corners for applique. If you look at the picture of the quilt in the above link, you'll see I changed the border. I don't like the zigzag and I don't like the corner stick flower either. The red circles I added for fun.
Like most people interested in antique applique quilts, I monthly downloaded the patterns for the 1857 Quilt from Sentimental Stitches. And like the majority of you, I've not done anything with them.
In my search for a design for the corners, I've decided use block 56 from the 1857 Quilt. I can't show you the pattern right now since they're copyrighted but hopefully next Sunday I'll have some applique to show you.
I did toy with the idea of not having any applique on the corners but they looked too bare compared to the rest of the quilt.
More quilting progress happened on Spring Fever. The two narrow borders are quilted and I'm ready to start the outside border.
Linking to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching, Oh Scrap!, Show & Tell Monday With Bambi, Em's Scrapbag, Love Laugh Quilt, BOM's Away, Fiber Tuesday, Esther's Wednesday WOW!, UFO Challenge