Thursday, October 6, 2022

A New Hotpad

I don't normally make small projects but while in Utah I decided to try a different project, a hot pad!

Deanna had a couple hot pad books and I selected this pattern. Isn't it cute?

The pattern is from the book Potholders for All Seasons.

The only problem with this hot pad is it's too cute to use!

Since I've been home, I purchased some insulate and hope to make more potholders.

Linking to Put Your Foot Down, Needle & Thread Thursday, Whoop Whoop Party, Peacock Party, TGIFF!, Finished Or Not Friday, Off the Wall Friday, Patchwork & Quilts

13 comments:

Tazzie said...

Oh my goodness Gretchen, that is adorable!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

loulee said...

You're right, too cute to use.

Ivani said...

Yes, too cute.

Becca Fenstermaker said...

Adorable!! I love the contrasting pop of green in the lining. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF.

Andi said...

That would be pretty as a mug rug too! Have fun quilting more pot holders. Thanks for joining the Put Your Foot Down linky party.

Connie W. said...

Bright, cheerful and so cute! I understand your dilemma about now wanting to use the hot pad and accidentally ruin it. Feeling the same way about mug rugs and table toppers, I turn these to the back when in use and protect the pieced work.
Thanks for sharing this,
Connie
c_s_wolfe@yahoo.com

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Definitely too cute to use, just have it hanging around to put a smile on your face. I would.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Sometimes small is better. Cute hot pad and looking for the next batch! Hugs and glad you enjoyed Utah! Good for you!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

What a fun pattern. No wonder you were tempted to give it a go.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Such a cute potholder! It would be fun to have all seasons ;)
Thank you for sharing this adorable hot pad, and linking up today.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

SO very cute!!!!! Maybe hang it on the wall??? so you get *some* use haha!!

Jenny said...

I can see why you think it is too cute to use!

linda said...

This is so cute I love it.