Saturday, October 14, 2017

Pink RSC Blocks

I've made my pink Star Dance blocks. These sweet little guys finish at 4".


The display wall full of stars.

They're off the wall now. I've made detailed notes on how I want to set them. The white squares are cut and so are the side triangles. They're bagged and ready to go to the retreat in November. 


I've been cleaning and organizing my sewing room since I've finished the center of Nearly Insane. The larger pieces of blue fabrics have been folded and returned to the blue box. Then I tackled the smaller pieces. The larger pieces of the small pieces have been cut into usable squares. They're the larger tray. Anything smaller than 1 1/2" is on the small tray. Those pieces have been bagged and will be given to a friend who does beautiful small applique pieces. 

When I finish a project, I always get the larger pieces of fabrics folded and returned to their box but I'm not so good at taking care of the smaller pieces. I have a basket on a small table close to the cutting table. I normally place toss them in the basket and think I'll cut them up later.

'Later' came after I finished cutting the blue pieces. Actually it took me several days to get those pieces taken care of, the basket was full and running over! I've repurposed the basket, from now on, I am going to clean up after each project. 

The small table has been reorganized, the carpet has been vacuumed, it is such a good feeling.

I'm going to get out the fabric for the Pastor's Attic Quilt and start prepping the borders. I don't know how far I'll get with prepping, I'm leaving this week to visit the  Pennsylvania grands.

Linking to Scrap Happy Saturday, Show Off Saturday, Oh Scrap, BOM's Away, Quilting Room With Mel

20 comments:

scraphappy said...

It does feel so good to organize after a big project ends. Love how the stars came together. Looks like you have everything ready to get the top together.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those stars are so fun! They are going to make a beautiful quilt! Have a fun trip!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is nice to clean and organize I think - you find things you didn't know you were missing! love all your star blocks

Nähbegeisterte said...

wow your stars are so great...the fabrics are verry nice...i like it! :)

Have a nice day the Nähbegeisterte

Quilter Kathy said...

I love the stars... what a fun project to work on at quilt retreat!

PaulaB quilts said...

Those Stars are so sweet. How do you ever,make them so small? My blocks keep getting bigger, now at 12 inches. Great organizing too.

quiltingbydawn said...

Lovely stars! I love how you added a second color to some of your blocks to add interest! Hope to see the finished quilt!

Chookyblue...... said...

your colour blocks look great.............

Katie Z. said...

Cleaning up those scraps is a fabulous thing to do. Now you have seeds for a new project!

Pamela Arbour said...

You are accumulating some good looking stars!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Another beautiful and colorful quilt in the making. You are now organized. That is a lot of work cutting those strips by hand. It is a great feeling to have things organized and cleaned up!

gayle said...

I love your stars! Can't wait to see them all together!
I always tell myself I'm going to clean up and get organized. Sometimes I even believe it, even though it's clear I'm lying...

Magpie Sue said...

You're going to have such a pretty quilt when this is done! And good job cleaning up so thoroughly this time around. It does feel good to have everything in its' place, at least once in a while. ;-)

Jasmine said...

So pretty! I love your rainbow of stars.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Those little stars are so sweet! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Ellen said...

They are sweet! Scrap management is always a challenge for me.....

TheEclecticAbuela said...

Beautiful stars!

karenbbsnow said...

Your stars are adorable!

Unknown said...

These are lovely!!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

These are lovely and I can't imagine the piecing skills to have these made at such a small size : ) Not my strong point so I admire them greatly :)