Wednesday, June 7, 2017

4-Patch Blocks - Rainbow Scrap Challenge

The grandchildren are gone and I'm back to sewing again. We're trying to finish up the 1st cutting of hay on our farm, so I need to sew something simple and easy. Something I can sew, put down and then come back to and not have to figure out what I was doing. Which is definitely not the Nearly Insane blocks.


I pulled out my yellow 4-patches and pieced 15 blocks. I didn't have a lot of different yellow to work with so some of the fabrics are repeated in each block.

I was organizing the books on my bookshelves last week ago and I found a tablet of graph paper that had been my mother's. I had forgotten about it. I now have my RSC quilt sketched out to see how many blocks I need of each color. I'm just piecing the colors, not gray or darks or the multicolored blocks. I need 28 of each color so I see 13 more yellow blocks happening this month. I will also need to catch up with the previous colors too but not this month. I want to have these all blocks pieced by the first of December so I can sew this together flimsy together and send her off to the long arm quilter in timely fashion next winter.

Linking to - Quilting is More Fun Than HouseworkSew, Stitch, Snap, Show!My Quilt Infatuation, Finished Or Not FridayCrazy Mom Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Show Off Saturday, Scrap Happy Saturday

24 comments:

Chris said...

You certainly are organized. Or is that just good planning and good time management? That's a lot of yellow blocks sewn together so far.

Raewyn said...

These look great - and I can imagine a whole quilt of them will be stunning!

Pamela Arbour said...

Those are a lot of tiny pieces!!! Your blocks look great. I hope you get them all done on time.

Alison V. said...

These are so sunny and bright! Love them! :)

Jayne said...

What a perfect block! It will certainly fit in with all the other colors!!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Your blocks are looking great! There's something really nice about two-colour quilts, it's very pretty & fresh! Thanks for linking up to 'sew stitch snap SHARE'

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

You know, Your pretty yellow blocks may get me going on the 4 patches again for RSC 2017. I wonder if I will even get started on RSC 2017 in 2017!!! Love the yellow!

Kat said...

So many little pieces! These look like a great start to a quilt!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Gretchen,
I love yellow and four-patch blocks. It's a win-win in my book. ~smile~
Roseanne

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Sunshine on fabric! :)

Nell's Quilts said...

This looks like sun's rays streaking through a window. Lovely.

scraphappy said...

Definitely an easier block to remember than nearly insane. You would be completely insane trying to keep up with those right now. Hope the haying goes well and you can get back to it soon enough. Until then the yellows are bright and happy

Teresa said...

Nice collection of yellow 9-patches. What size are yours? I am making 3" ones in the RSC

Kathy S. said...

Wow, you've been super productive. What fun yellows!

Marie said...

I'm loving all of these little blocks. Smart idea to have something simple ready to sew when you are busy doing big jobs (I believe that's making hay while the sun shines :D).

Gretchen Weaver said...

The squares in the 4 patches finish at 1" each. The larger squares finish at 2" each.

PaulaB quilts said...

An excellent start to a goal. I know you will reach it by December 1. Keep up the good work!

Cathy said...

Very cheery bunch of blocks. Good luck on your goal!

Katie Z. said...

Ooh, what delightful blocks!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The yellow and white together is so pretty! I'm looking forward to seeing how you will put all of your blocks together.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

That is one happy little quilt. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

TheEclecticAbuela said...

I love those blocks!

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

Those are great yellow blocks! Thanks for linking to Finished or Not Friday!

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.