Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Two Finishes!

The binding has been completed on a couple flimsies I sent to the long arm quilter, Tammy from Three Sisters Fabric.


The first one is the 4 X 4 quilt which I pieced in September from leftover fabrics from Sweet Surrender. 

I organized the blocks differently than the pattern arrangement.


I asked Tammy to use the same quilting design, Paisley Flowers, as she did on a different quilt. I think it turned out very nice.

She measures 56" X 64". 


For backing I used fabric I had purchased years ago for a different project which was never made.


The second quilt was one of the tractor quilts I pieced earlier this month. I had originally planned to donate both quilts but decided to keep this one for myself. You never know when you'll need a crib quilt and it's nice to have one on hand ready to go.

This crib quilt measures 45" x 49".


I had no idea what overall quilting design I wanted on this quilt. I told her to do what she thought looked good. She used a geometric design with kind of circles. I don't know the name.



For backing I used a JD tractor print with a piece of leftover border to make the backing wide enough.
The corn has been harvested so I couldn't take a picture of the quilt with the cornstalks. Instead I took a photo with the tractor hanging on this little tree. 


.



After spending most of 2018 finishing unfinished projects, I'm actually going to start a brand new project!

Linking to Let's Bee Social, Esther's Wednesday WOW!, Needle & Thread Thursday, Finished Or Not Friday, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, TGIFF!, Finish It Up Friday, Let's Make Baby Quilts!, Show Off Saturday, Oh Scrap!

16 comments:

Created by Kathi said...

I love your finishes Gretchen... and can't wait to see what your new project is too... Have fun whatever you decide to start... love the pic of the tractor quilt in the "little" tree too <3 Kathi

Karrin Hurd said...

Great finishes, love the tractor quilt!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Yea - new projects! I like all the quilts! Neat that you have completed your goal!!! Good for you Gretchen, Hugs. Now I need to hurry - LOL I see that I will have 2 or 3 carry overs from 2018 goals into 2019, but that is OK! New projects will start on 1 January 2019

Little Quiltsong said...

Beautiful finishes. Love them both!

Ramona said...

Two great finishes. The tractor quilt is adorable and will make a great baby gift.

Leanne Parsons said...

Beautiful finishes! That tractor quilt will certainly make some little boy very happy :) Thanks for linking with TGIFF this week.

Kathy S. said...

Love the way you arranged the blocks, Gretchen!!! The paisley flowers are perfect on it. I also love the border for the tractor quilt. Wonderful. :)

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful finishes! I love the scrappy 4 x 4

Brenda said...

Both of these quilts are wonderful! I am a lover of scrap quilts and have been wanting to make a quilt that is similar to the 4x4 and I also have saved a block of tractor to create a quilt with. Yet, after doing a complete clean up of my fabric storage/guest room I discovered so many UFO's that I am going to finish before starting any new projects either. I enjoyed reading your post and hope you have a great day!

Jayne said...

I love the postage stamp quilt! It's just gorgeous. These kind of quilts are a blank canvas for quilting. Love how it turned out!

Run 'n Stitch said...

Congratulations on the finishes! Don't you love to look at your finishes. Have fun picking a new project.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Both your finishes look wonderful. You've had a great week :)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Hurray for a couple of lovely finishes. I can see why you want to keep the tractor quilt. That one is pretty cute. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Nikki said...

Thanks for posting the 4 X 4 inspiration. I watched the tutorial and now it is on my to-do list. I love yours!

K Reeves said...

It feels great to get some of those UFO's completely done! These are both great; the postage stamp is getting me inspired to do something with my little 2 inch squares that I've cut from block scraps!

starflash quilts said...

I love off centre quilts like this, though no one in my family seems to!