Friday, September 14, 2018

Wilfred & Cloves Finish!!!

I've finished the Wilfred & Cloves quilt!! This pattern is found in Creating Heirlooms, One Stitch at a Time by Carolyn Konig. Many of the quilts in Carolyn's book are reproduction of older quilts. There is no information about this quilt, if it is a reproduction or if she designed it herself. 



The pieced border isn't what I had originally planned but I like it. It certainly brightens up all the brown. The quilt flimsy measures 93" by 102".


At the time of writing this post, I'm planning on having the pieced body of the quilt long arm quilted with the Baptist fan design and leaving the medallion unquilted. I'll quilt that by hand.
Wilfred & Cloves was the last project on my list of UFQ's but don't worry about me, I still have plenty of projects to work on. Right now I'm going to enjoy the satisfaction of a finish!



Here is a closer view of some of the fabrics I've used in the quilt.

I think there is one fabric with a light blue background.

Read my last post about Wilfred & Cloves to learn more.



Linking to Finished Or Not Friday, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, TGIFF!, Show Off Saturday, Oh Scrap

9 comments:

Jayne said...

What a huge finish! It's lovely and will be more so after the quilting!!

Created by Kathi said...

I love your borders! I would never have thought of that at all ... doing 2 not all 4! I wanna try this now :) Awesome flimsy :)
Kathi

Kathy S. said...

Love the pieced border on this. What a fun surprise.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Very beautiful finish! Great job finishing up those UFOs. And thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Jasmine said...

This is gorgeous. I love the idea of combining hand and machine quilting.

Alison V. said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the pieced border. :D

Leanne Parsons said...

Congratulations on a fabulous finish! I love the idea of machine quilting everything except the medallion. The hand quilting will be a beautiful detail. Thanks for linking to TGIFF :)

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Very nice Gretchen and congrats for the finish!!!!

Karen said...

I like the center applique block. Good colors. Well done!