Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Sweet Surrender; the Triangles

I have hand quilting and hand applique for slow stitching work but I also have a project to sew with my sewing machine.


Sweet Surrender is another quilt on my list of 10 to be sewn into a flimsy in 2018. The applique triangles have been completed for probably a year. I have been procrastinating on piecing the pieced triangles but now I've started! 

The triangles are not trimmed. I'll trim all of them at the same time and cut the applique triangles apart too.

Sweet Surrender was designed by Susanne Cody. You can read about my Sweet Surrender journey here.

Linking to Sew Fresh QuiltsEsther's Wednesday WOW!, UFO Challenge, My Quilt Infatuation, Finished Or Not Friday, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, TGIFF!, Finish It Up Friday, Show Off Saturday, Quilting is More Fun Then Housework.


21 comments:

Kristie said...

Absolutely beautiful.
Blessings
Kristie

SandraC said...

This quilt is still on my to-do list....I don't know when I'll ever get to it though, so I enjoy seeing your progress.

Maggie said...

Dear Gretchen

Your Sweet Surrender looks beautiful. Last year Isaw it on your blog, just love the red triangles.

Mary Huey said...

Love this quilt -- inspires me everytime I see it!

Chookyblue...... said...

Cute triangles. ...

Pamela Arbour said...

Oh, I am anxious to see it finished. You have already done the hard part!

Needled Mom said...

That is going to be gorgeous.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Really Sweet.

Rebecca Grace said...

Those pieced triangles are so beautiful, they are definitely worth the wait. They set off the applique beautifully!

Lynette said...

Yay for Sweet Surrender being back out! I really love this quilt. And can I just say how brilliant it was to applique the triangles with the fabric together instead of precutting the triangles? I never would have thought of that. I would have cut them all out slightly over-sized and then had to go back and trim them all meticulously. Your way just has one cutting!

Leanne Parsons said...

Beautiful! How many pieced triangles will there be?

Gretchen Weaver said...

I'm making the quilt larger than the pattern so there are going to be 32 pieced triangles and 8 half-triangles. I've really been working on them this week, I'm in the home stretch. They should be finished by next week, then I get to trim them to size.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I didn't want to struggle with bias edges before I had to. I try to find the easiest way to do stuff.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Thank you!

Gretchen Weaver said...

I had originally planned to have the triangles be black because almost all of the SS quilts I've seen are red but I changed my mind. I'm very glad I did.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Sometimes you just have to jump in and start. That's what I did.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

This is going to be a knock out quilt Gretchen! You are working hard to get this one done! It always feels so good to get close to the end! Pretty and you know the Red is my favorite!

Sandy Panagos said...

That's going to be beautiful. I especially like the bottom row of red triangles at the bottoms.

Nancy said...

Your fabrics and colors are delightful. The pattern is, too, and it looks like you do beautiful applique.

Linda said...

Your Sweet Surrender is beautiful. Where did you get the pattern?

Unknown said...

HI were can I get the pattern