Thursday, June 29, 2017

Circle of Squares Flimsy

I should have started another row of Nearly Insane this week but I just wasn't in the right frame of mind. I have to really concentrate on those blocks. I guess I just wasn't ready to concentrate because I just didn't have the necessary enthusiasm needed.


I decided to sew the Circle of Square blocks together into a flimsy. The blocks finish at 12". I decided on a checkerboard border before the outside border. She measure 47" across the center. 

There are different yellows in the blocks but they all look the same in the picture. Oh well.

She'll get quilted sometime. I think she looks bright and cheery. You can find the pattern on toefeather's blog. The pattern is just for the blocks. I don't know how she finished her quilt.

Someone had commented that Circle of Squares would make nice scrappy blocks. Here is a link to the scrappy Circle of Squares quilt Lisa made

I had made these blocks as part of the Scrappy Rainbow Challenge, just to see how they pieced and looked. This was a fun block to make and very simple too. I can see myself making more of these, but not this year.


While I was outside taking pictures, I snapped a photo of the volunteer violas in a flowerbed. I always think they look so happy.


I don't plant them, they just reseed themselves every year.

Linking to - My Quilt Infatuation, Finished Or Not Friday, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, TGIFF!, A Quiltering Reader's Garden, Crazy Mom Quilts, Show Off Saturday

15 comments:

Karen said...

When I enlarge your picture, I can see all the different yellow fabrics. I don't purchase a lot of yellow. My stash could use a boost there. Good finish!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your flowers are looking great. Yes when you make any kind of quilt with little blocks you have to be in the right frame of mind for it!!

Alison V. said...

This is such a cool quilt top! :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your yellow Circle of Squares quilt top! The checkerboard inner border is a great idea. This will be perfect for a baby quilt! Pretty flowers, too!

Jo said...

I really like the idea of the checker board border.. looks great

Pamela Arbour said...

I like your layout and your yellows. You are right. That would make a great RSC quilt.

Angie in SoCal said...

Yes - a great scrappy pattern. Thanks for the links. Your finish is so colorful. By clicking on the photo I can see all the yellows you used. How fortunate you are to have those violas reseed. Thanks for linking to my give away.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I really like the circle of squares. Interesting block! Your flowers are beautiful! NI will be there when the time is right!

Monica said...

I see you decided to stick with just yellow. It's a pretty finish, and that's a great idea for the border!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Gretchen,
I have been following this quilt with interest, wondering how you going to finish it off. I think you picked the perfect choice for your checkerboard and border. Nice! ~smile~ Roseanne

Judyk2310 said...

I love the yellow and I'm thinking yellow and black for me. Thanks for sharing!!!!!!

Dollandesign said...

I like your white and yellow quilt!

Dollandesign

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Your Circle of Squares looks great. If you enlarge your photo on your blog post, the different yellows are clearly visible. Have fun quilting. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF.

Miaismine said...

Oh so pretty! You do such lovely work! Thank you for sharing!

Linda in Calif. said...

What I love about your circle/squares quilt is the border. At first glance it led me to believe it was a checkered design - and then the surprise as I realize it's circles. Very clever. I did enlarge it, and yes all those various yellow fabrics are delightful!