Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Infinity!

A new quilting project called Infinity has begun. I've been wanting to make this wallhanging for years and have decided to dedicate the rest of December to this project.


The pattern is found in  Twist and Turn Bargello Quilts by Eileen Wright.

I don't like most Bargello quilts but this book has several that I do like. My preference is that they be symmetrical.

(I know I cropped this picture to remove part of the green. Looks like Blogger is playing with my mind again this week. At least the pictures are here and not lost in cyberspace!)


Infinity looks like an interesting pattern. 

It looks even better when the page is turned the correct direction. Blogger!


The fabrics have been purchased. Sorry the photo is dark.


And they've been washed to remove excess dyes.

The black isn't shown hanging on the rack. That happened after these fabrics were removed, pressed and refolded.


The fabrics have been cut into strips. 

After this picture was taken, I did rearrange some of the fabrics and I even remembered to change the label numbers.

The important thing is label, label, label! 


The black fabrics have also been cut and labeled.

And there there is also a black strip set sewn. I didn't take a picture, just imagine a bunch of black strips sewn together.

I copied the instructions from the book since it won't lay flat. I also like to do this so I can check off each step as it is completed so I can keep track of where I am. And it keeps my book clean and tidy in case I ever want to make another wallhanging from this pattern.


Now the strips sets are sewn and are ready to be cut for sewing.


This is my cutting zone, two mats and three strip sets.


Here is what I've sewn so far. I'm making progress. This is not a difficult quilt to make and I'm having fun!


Linking to Let's Bee Social Needle & Thread Thursday, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, TGIFF!, Show Off Saturday

14 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have never made a bargello for some reason they never interested me - love these colors you choose

Alison V. said...

This is so beautiful! My mom has that book and both my mom and my sister have made quilts from patterns in that book!

Gretchen Weaver said...

There are 2 other quilts in this book I hope to make someday. I thought this would be a hard pattern but it's not. This is so much fun! Maybe you should join in with your mom and sister and make a bargello too.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful bargello, I love the pattern you choose!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh Gretchen, how I admire your ability to bring this pattern to life. Simply gorgeous with those colours!

Leanne Parsons said...

It's looking beautiful! Good luck getting it finished :)

Created by Kathi said...

What a fun quilt finish this will make gretchen and thanks for showing how you organize and prepare for a bargello. I am looking for a wallhanging bargello of 2 hearts my daughter requested... hmmm... your infinity looks FUN! Kathi

Pamela Arbour said...

You are going to have a beautiful quilt. You are off to a good start.

Jayne said...

I've never been a big fan of Bargello quilts either, but the one you choose is rather amazing! Love the colors you are using too! It looks very complicated to me!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh that is quite striking!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Another beauty on the way Gretchen. Love the colors!

Lisa J. said...

It's looking great so far. You are using such beautiful colours in this quilt.

vaiybora said...

very beautiful and so lovely work :) i like your good idea ,Thanks for the inspiration!

ดูหนัง

Credit Loan Solution said...

Are you tired of seeking loans and Mortgages,have you been turned down constantly By your banks and other financial institutions,We offer any form of loan to individuals and corporate bodies at low interest rate.If you are interested in taking a loan,feel free to contact us today,we promise to offer you the best services ever.Just give us a try,because a trial will convince you.What are your Financial needs?Do you need a business loan?Do you need a personal loan?Do you want to buy a car?Do you want to refinance?Do you need a mortgage loan?Do you need a huge capital to start off your business proposal or expansion? Have you lost hope and you think there is no way out, and your financial burdens still persists? Contact us (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

Your Name:...............
Your Country:...............
Your Occupation:...............
Loan Amount Needed:...............
Loan Duration...............
Monthly Income:...............
Your Telephone Number:.....................
Business Plan/Use Of Your Loan:...............
Contact Us At : gaincreditloan1@gmail.com
Phone number :+1-270-551-4764 (WhatsApp Only)