Sunday, December 16, 2018

Hand Quilting, Week 9

I've been hand quilting the Pastor's Attic quilt for 9 weeks. This week I quilted to the center of the 2nd applique row. There was a lot of detail to quilt in this row. I wouldn't have to quilt the embroidery but I think it adds nice texture when I do.


Left border. I had actually forgotten that the side borders have applique on them. I like the diamond designs I've chosen for the quilt but it was getting boring just quilting diamonds. The applique will break things up a bit.


First applique block. You can see the half design on the left side of the block.


Another design between applique blocks.

The applique block on the right is the one that took awhile with the embroidered stems.


I forgot to take a picture of the applique block in between these quilted designs. You can see it some. Next week I'll have a picture.


I'm quilting this applique block, it is the center of the row. The vase was appliqued with the reverse applique method. I'll stitch along the edge of the red. 

I haven't forgotten about my Lucy Boston project. I'm still working on the different sections needed for this small quilt. I'll show a picture of the progress next week.

Linking to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching, Oh Scrap, Show & Tell MondayMonday MakingDesign Wall MondayBOM's AwayMoving It Forward, Esther's Wednesday WOW!


17 comments:

Created by Kathi said...

Magnificent quilting Gretchen... I love your progress and your photography skills too!
Kathi

The Cozy Quilter said...

Just stunning! I love the berries on the appliqué block.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the little berries and leaves

SandraC said...

I love when we get to see someone's hand-quilting! I'll have to make a note of the diamond cross-hatching, as I usually just think of the regular way.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

This is amazing hand work, Gretchen!

Deb A said...

Love the quilting patterns you are using! Beautiful stitches.... so inspiring to go pick up my quilt and quilt!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I can't wait to see this whole quilt finished. It is going to be stunning. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

CathieJ said...

Wow, I do love your quilting.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Such delicate and hard work! It does make things pop (i.e. embroidery) when you take the time to quilt around them. Another beauty! So beautiful!

Birthe Marie said...

It is amazing! Such a beautiful hand quilting! :-)

evaj said...

Thank you for your inspiration on Show and Tell Monday. I wish you a Merry Christmas / Bambi

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

This is gorgeous. You have such a good hand and the quilting design is perfect. Is this a keeper or a gift? Anyone would be lucky to receive or even snuggle with such a gorgeous quilt.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I'm keeping this quilt for myself. Eventually, someday, it will be gifted to one of my grandchildren but that's in the future. First I have to get the quilting finished but that won't happen until the end of winter. Thanks for stopping by.

Meloney said...

Amazing work. Beautiful

EirinH said...

Your quilting is amazing!
This quilt will be a masterpiece when it's done.
I wish you a Merry Christmas

K Reeves said...

You do such gorgeous work Gretchen, you are a true artist!

Unknown said...

I really appreciate your professional approach.These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future
Thai Boxing