Sunday, November 20, 2016

Vase of Mixed Flowers Completed

I just got home from the Jane Stickle Retreat in Shipshewana, Ind. I had so much fun, I didn't remember to take pictures! I am definitely going to bed early tonight.

I finished a Pastor's Attic quilt block while I was there,Block #15, Vase of Mixed Flowers. 

Total number of blocks completed - 18!





I also sewed this stack of churn-dash blocks for the reproduction quilt I want to make. I need 56 blocks. I sewed and sewed and sewed, then I counted the blocks, I counted 47. So I made 9 more and counted again. I got 64 blocks that count. I'll count them again tomorrow morning. 


Of course I made a purchase from the resale table. I bought this bundle containing 29 fat quarters of Dear Jane II fabrics!

I really think I got the best item on the table!




I purchased some other odds and ends at stores but I need to show you this one. Karen Kay Buckley has Perfect Ovals now. I bought a packet and they will be used on the next Pastor's Attic Quilt block.

Update 11/21/16 - Here is a link to Rosemary Youngs blog. She has a smilebox with the quilts from Rebecca Haarer's lecture and the show & tell.


This is a picture of the super moon I took a week ago. I don't have a high tech camera so the red glow around the moon doesn't show.

This photo was taken at 6am EST.

Linking up to - Kathy's Slow Sunday StitchingQuilting is More Fun than Housework, Em's ScrapbagLove Laugh Quilt,  Esther's Wednesday WOW!, Let's Be Social, WIPs with Friends, My Quilt Infatuation, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Finished Or Not FridayCrazy Mom Quilts, Show Off Saturday

14 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Your vase block is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with Oh Scrap!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your bundle of fq's! good buy, I have those Karen Kay oval's but have never used them! I really do not know why but they are still sitting the package waiting to be opened. Do you have far to go for the retreat? I have heard of it many times but have never been to it.

Gretchen Weaver said...

We live about 30 minutes from Shipshewana. I take the back roads and it's a lovely drive. There are several ladies from Arkansas. Two of them are from Little Rock, I'm not sure where the other group is from.

Vicki said...

Wow - beautiful applique!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Love the Block and the colors. Interesting how the numbers change when we are tired! So glad you ladies had a great time. You did hit the jackpot wth the Dear Jane II fabrics.

em's scrapbag said...

The applique block is gorgeous!

beth s said...

You're a busy bee! Love that applique block!

Jennie in GA said...

What a nice appliqué block...lovely color choices. Sweet little churn dash blocks, too. They are one of my favorite traditional blocks.

Rebecca Grace said...

Your applique blocks are beautiful! It's hard to stay motivated when you have so many of the same block to make, isn't it? But you're so close to the finish line now with those churn dash blocks!

Karen said...

I like the vase/pot on this block. Another one done.....good for you!

Gretchen Weaver said...

The applique blocks are all different but some of them are similar. I don't know if I'l ever make a large applique quilt again. My son dropped in Sunday evening and I had him count the churn dash blocks. He counted 65. Oh well, I have enough of them. I don't think there will be much time for sewing this week though.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I think churn dash blocks are cute too. This quilt is going to be nice and simple. That's not for everyone but that's ok. It would be boring if everyone made the same kind of quilt.

Stephie said...

Your vase of flowers is lovely Gretchen - and your counting sounds like mine: different every time!!! I'm envious you saw the super-moon, it was really cloudy here. It must have been a wonderful sight.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Lovely projects, and I love your applique!