Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Two Comforters

This week I sewed the bindings on two comforters from church. Comforters are normally donated to comforters for MCC but if they don't meet MCC specifications, they are donated to a local agency for distribution. Just to be clear, I did NOT piece these comforters.

These comforter tops are pieced by various people then given to church who knot them. I'm one of several people who finish the bindings. I use the self binding method listed in the top right corner of my blog.

Sometimes these tops aren't the prettiest but I thought the first comforter looks very nice.

This simple patch work is an easy to make top.


This second comforter is too busy for my taste but because it is flannel, it will be warm and cozy. 


Linking to To Do Tuesday, Wednesday Weight Loss, I Quilted This, Put Your Foot Down, TGIFF, Finished Or Not Friday, Off the Wall Friday, Beauty Pageant, Patchwork & Quilts 

13 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

These are so lovely, Gretchen. They will bring someone much comfort and joy.

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

These will bring such comfort! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/09/23/wednesday-wait-loss-503

Ray and Jeanne said...

I think the recipients of these comforters will love and appreciate them. So glad you take the time to do the bindings.

cityquilter grace said...

they are pleasing to the eye and body...that's what a comforter is...

Patricia in New Mexico said...

The Patchwork quilt is pretty. As I age, I find myself reaching for simpler patterns and this one fits the bill. I remember tying a quilt for the Cozy Corner in my classroom. I’ll need to try that again. Thank you for sharing!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

My husband's grandmother tied the quilts that she gave as gifts to our newborns. Our daughters loved stroking the knots before sleeping or when they needed comfort. Those are lovely finishes!

Lin said...

I am sure they will both be appreciated regardless. The second one has a real scrappy feel about it, very homesy and fun. xx

Sara said...

The comforters will bring warmth to someone, and that person will love it. What a good project with many hands involved.

Kathleen said...

They are great comforters and I know someone will be thrilled to have them. T hanks for linking up to TGIFF!

Snowcatcher said...

What wonderful quilts to brighten the lives of others. Even if the second one is busy, it will be treasured by the recipient.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Those comforters will bring comfort and warmth. Thanks for linking up to I Quilted This!

Carol Andrews said...

Gretchen those are comfy quilts and sure to be enjoyed by the recipients. Thank you for sharing on To Do Tuesday. 😁

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Nice comforting finished quilts. The second one definitely has the interesting factor--one could check out and appreciate the different prints for a long time.