Sunday, September 13, 2026

Quilting Elegant Garden

The bottom row of Elegant Garden is completely quilted. Here are pictures from the left side to the right side.


As you can see, I've quilted the bottom part of the blocks on top of this row.







Elegant Garden is designed by Edyta Sitar, Laundry Basket Quilts.

I don't have pictures of quilt gardens for you today but I do have a picture.

Where I live we have old order Mennonites. They are a conservative sect but they're not Amish. They have electricity and telephones. However they drive horse and buggies. 


This is a picture of a spring wagon delivering home grown flowers to the local produce market. Some are already arranged and placed in vases while others are in bunches. It's a beautiful sight when you drive past her garden.

Just a random commment, Blogger is being weird. My blog doesn't update, even when I click the refresh symbol. My blog list doesn't update either. And sometimes I'm not able to leave comments on other blogs! I think they just want to get rid of us older bloggers.

Linking to Patchwork & Quilts, Kathy's Slow Stitching Sunday, Stitching Stuff, Sew & Tell, Handmade Monday, Craftastic Monday, Design Wall Monday, Monday Musings, To Do Tuesday 

14 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Your sweet Garden is coming along beautifully, well done. Blogger bugs regularly, so I have backed up my entire blog just in case... Thank you for sharing your inspiring project and linking up.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

I'm so much fun watching your garden grow. Your quilting and appliqué are impeccable.

Kate said...

The quilting is going well. I had problems with blogger last weekend, especially with commenting on other posts. But that seem to go away in about 24 hours.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

This is such a beautiful quilt- the colors and quilting are magnificent. I am having blogger troubles too. Hopefully, it will be worked out soon. Have a lovely week, Gretchen. Hugs.

CathieJ said...

I have been off of Blogger for a week, so I didn't notice the problems until I started reading other's blogs. Your quilting is beautiful as usual.

Anonymous said...

I have been very sad about the Blogger mishaps. My reading list won't update. I hope this will get resolved. How sad if blogging doesn't continue on. I love your quilt and your hand quilting.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to revisit each of the beautiful blocks in this quilt as you add your hand stitches! Gail at the cozy quilter

Nann said...

Your elegant garden is beautiful--obviously it will be perennial . Oh, Blogger can be so annoying. I've gone to the "help" forums and gotten no help at all. Hope your situation will magically correct itself.

Carolyn said...

Your appliquéd quilt is beautiful, as are the fresh flowers! Blogger can be annoying when it glitches, but they are pretty good about fixing the problems. I really hope the quilters who still blog will continue—it’s so nice to be able to keep up with what everyone is working on!

Sara said...

I've been having Blogger issues too. So frustrating!! Your hand quilting is beautiful as always. The flowers are amazing. Here in this part of eastern South Dakota, we have Hutterites - They dress and live much like the Mennonites but do embrace modern farm machinery and technology. Some of the colonies are very progressive, and others are very much old school.

Rebecca Grace said...

Your Elegant Garden is majestic, Gretchen. Each block is a treasure! I bet you are enjoying revisiting the blocks one by one as you quilt them.

T Holzer said...

I’m not sure what to do with myself and my morning coffee!!! I usually sit down with a cup and look at your blog list! I guess I’ll have to go sew instead! Beautiful quilting as usual, Gretchen.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I enjoyed looking at your Elegant Garden quilting progress. I too have the same issues with Blogger. I'm missing posts but catching up when I can!

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

It seems several are having Blogger issues. I hope it gets straightened out for you all soon. Beautiful quilting on Elegant Garden. Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings!