Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Berenstein Bears Baby Quilt, Framed Squares

This summer has flown by, September probably will also. It's time to get those baby quilts quilted, the Berenstein Bear quilt is first.

As usual I used simple quilting. First I stitched in the ditch in between all the blocks. Then I stitched around the inside of the squares in the blocks then added half orange peels.


There wasn't enough of the Berenstein Bear fabrics left for binding so turquoise Kona fabric was used. 

After washing the quilt measures 47.5". And a picture of the backing.

I wrote about piecing the quilts in this post. The pattern used is one that I call framed squares. The inside square finishes at 4" and displays the fabric nicely. The fabric around the square finishes at 1".

One quilt is finished and ready to be gifted. I'll start quilting the second one right away, it should quilt faster than the first one, I've got the technique down. 

Linking to Wednesday Weight Loss, I Quilted This, Put Your Foot Down, TGIFF, Finished Or Not Friday, Off the Wall Friday, Beauty Pageant, Patchwork & Quilts

14 comments:

Donna said...

Your quilt is so cute! This pattern would be perfect for an I Spy quilt.

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Such a cute quilt! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/09/09/wednesday-wait-loss-501

Kat Scribner said...

Colorful and adorable quilt

PaintedThread said...

I'm always impressed that such a simple design can look so lovely.

Sara said...

What an adorable baby quilt. My girls loved the Berenstain bears books, and so did my grandkids when they were little. Such cute fabric.

Barwitzki said...

Great quilt pattern... great baby quilt in such cheerful colors.
Wishing you a happy weekend and sending you warm regards.

M Garcia said...

We are huge Berenstein Bear fans in my family. Great quilt!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

This quilt is so cheerful and precious, Gretchen. The Berenstein Bears were always a favorite- especially Papa Bear. Beautiful quilting using the half orange peel design. Have a blessed day.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

What a lovely and colorful quilt! Those prints are fun and I discovered the Berenstein Bears series! Lovely pattern, perfect for large prints. Thank you for sharing your inspiring work and linking up.

Anonymous said...

We read the Berenstein bear books to our daughter over and over again! The recipient of this quilt will be thrilled! I like the way you quilted it. Gail at the cozy quilter.

CathieJ said...

My grandchildren are just starting to enjoy the Berenstain Bear books. That quilt is adorable.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

This is so adorable!! I want one!! haha!! Love it!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Gretchen, what a cute quilt. I love the way you quilted it - simple but effective! Thanks so much for linking up to I Quilted This! I'm looking forward to seeing your other baby quilts :-)

Ray and Jeanne said...

This is a perfect baby quilt! It will be loved!