Sunday, October 4, 2026

Quilting Elegant Garden

I'm quilting the middle row of Elegant Garden starting with the pineapple block. 


I may come back and stitch more on this pineapple, this is a rather large space to leave blank.

Quilting around all the leaves and flowers on this block took awhile.


The center block in this quilt is a pieced star.


I've stitched in the pink fabric but it's hard to see. The chalk marking on the black star still shows. I'll take a damp cloth and wipe it to remove the chalk sometime.

Elegant Garden is designed by Edyta Sitar, Laundry Basket Quilts.

Linking to Patchwork & Quilts, Kathy's Slow Stitching Sunday, Stitching Stuff, Oh Scrap, Sew & Tell, Handmade Monday, Craftastic Monday, Design Wall Monday, Monday Musings, To Do Tuesday 

12 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

Gosh your Elegant Garden is a stunner! I really love the colors you chose and your quilting always knocks me out! Have a great week!

Kathy S. said...

The flower block is gorgeous. Can't wait to see how you stitch the pineapple.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your blocks and quilting are just beautiful.

Kate said...

You continue to just motor along with the quilting. These are such beautiful blocks. Happy stitching this week.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Wow, I love to see each one of these pretty appliquéd blocks, they look fabulous. Stitching in the ditch is not fun, but the flowers are looking so beautiful! Love the pieced star too, and I hope the chalk marks will disappear easily. Thank you for sharing your work in progress and linking up!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Sigh, your quilting is just gorgeous, Gretchen! You always inspire me to pick up my needle and thread. These blocks are magnificent!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Such pretty blocks in this quilt! Your quilting just accentuates them all!

Jeanna said...

Elegant Garden is gorgeous, Gretchen. Your quilting is perfect!

Sara said...

Beautiful job!!

Melva said...

Beautiful 😍 Thanks for sharing in Sew and Tell.

Diana said...

I don't quilt myself, but the leaves stitched around the pineapple and the pieced star in the middle sound like a lot of patient work. Hand quilting something this size takes real stamina. Looking forward to seeing the next row, Gretchen.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What great progress you are making on this project! I'm impressed that your fingers can quilt all the hours it takes to finish a quilt of this size.