Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Midnight Blues, the Center

The center for Midnight Blues is completed, now to add the borders.



You can't probably see it in the photo but when I made the snowballs, the cream fabric of one block was sewn backwards. It immediately popped out and waved at me when I laid the center of the floor. I'll remove that block and insert one of the leftover blocks. Some mistakes don't bother me but this one did.

The center measures 77" by 85-1/2", the rows are set 17 blocks by 19 blocks and the blocks finish at 4-1/2".

Isn't it interesting how two different blocks can make such a neat design?

Linking to To Do Tuesday, Midweek MakersWednesday Wait Loss, Clever Chameleon, Put Your Foot DownNeedle & Thread Thursday

17 comments:

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Fabulous quilt! I can't wait to see it with the borders.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love it - so pretty

Michele McLaughlin said...

Such a lovely quilt! It is absolutely gorgeous!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Good morning, Gretchen! Your quilt is gorgeous, and you're right. I would NEVER see that error in the block at least from your photo. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of borders you add. Thanks for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

Barbara said...

This is just beautiful.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Love this!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That really is a great design, from such simple blocks! I didn't realize which blocks you used until you said that in your post and I looked closer.

Created by Kathi said...

Awesome center Gretchen... I love this quilt center :)
I just finished ripping off part of a table runner that went on a bit off... couldn't life with it long term so now I am looking at ways to take the waves I see in the bit as I have it pinned now :(
Hope your repair goes better my friend <3 Kathi

Pamela Arbour said...

That looks like a lot of work. Good job.

Quilting Gail said...

This is a pretty quilt! Can't wait to see what you do with the borders!
Happy Quilting! :-)

maggie fellow said...

ooo very nice

For the love of geese said...

Gorgeous. I don't see this mistake but it's funny how they jump out at the maker. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

Anne-Marie said...

Love it!

Sue said...

Beautiful Gretchen, and it looks so complicated until you explain the two blocks. Very clever design.

K Reeves said...

This is just beautiful, blue is my favorite and this is just stunning in its simplicity!

Dione Gardner-Stephen said...

This is so stunning. Simple colours and simple geometry combined to make a big wow factor. I love this a lot. Thanks for linking up to the Chameleon's Colour & Inspiration party.

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Lovely quilt! So beautiful and classic looking! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss. Be sure to drop by tomorrow to link up this week!