Sunday, February 2, 2020

Slow Stitching Sunday

It's Sunday again, time to show you my hand quilting progress. I finished the row I was working on and started on the next row.
This was the block I was quilting last Sunday.
Next block.
Left side half triangle.
Left side border.




Then I rolled and started quilting again, right side border.

It looks puckery at the top. The next line in the top left didn't get quilted. That would have taken care of the pucker.
I'm quilting the right side triangle now.

I never touched the redwork embroidery last week. 


Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyMargaretEmmaTracyDebSusan,  Nanette,  EdithSharonKarrinGretchenKathi,  BellaDaisy and Connie



Linking to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching,  Oh Scrap, Bambi's Show & Tell Monday, Monday MakingDesign Wall Monday, BOM's Away

30 comments:

Kim said...

Just beautiful!! You are making wonderful progress with your hand quilting.

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

Every week I just ohh and ahh over this quilt. I love everything about it.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Hand quilting is a slow progress, but the end results are so worth it!

Turid said...

Just lovely to study.

Created by Kathi said...

Your stitching on this quilt is amazing... I had a less stitchy week myself. But did accomplish a bit. Glad you got sew much done! Lovely :) Kathi

CathieJ said...

I love seeing your quilting. So very pretty.

Kathy S. said...

Wow! That's a lot of beautiful work. I love the detail on the fussy cut flowers. Happy stitching, Gretchen! I look forward to seeing your progress each week.

The Crafty Creek said...

It's just stunning, your quilting is so perfect, something to aspire to :-)

Julierose said...

What gorgeous quilting you are doing...beautiful work hugs, Julierose

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

Your flowers are beautiful and the quilting very effective.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is such a beautiful quilt! I love the texture your quilting adds to it!

Little Penpen said...

💕💕💕💕💕

Karrin Hurd said...

Gorgeous quilting, love seeing this progress!

Bella G. Bear said...

Lovely quilt work! And I Love the use of all the happy fabrics.

K Reeves said...

This just keeps rolling along! It is so stunning, I am amazed and enthralled each time I see it. Your OMIGOSH crib quilt is going to be amazing and adorable. Love the colors!

Sarah said...

So beautiful!

Jenny said...

Gorgeous, I love this quilt of yours!

Robin said...

Love seeing your progress. I'm hand quilting right now and I think the slowness of the process makes me appreciate it more. Your quilt is so lovely.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Beautiful Quilt and the quilting is awesome.
Have a great day!

Db said...

Beautiful, beautiful eye candy!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

You are making great progress. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Denise :) said...

You're making great progress! Your applique work is really lovely; I enjoy catching glimpses of it as you show off your pretty quilting! :)

stitchingirlblog.wordpress.com said...

I can't believe the progress you have made! Your quilting looks so perfect with those tiny little stitches.

Sara said...

This is stunning!!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Your quilting is always so beautiful, I love it!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Would love to see a video of you in action hand quilting. This is as always gorgeous.

Barbara said...

You made beautiful applications, I really like it.

EirinH said...

Love your quilting :)

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Your quilting is stunning!

dq said...

Your stuff is all so gorgeous! Every thing you do makes my mouth water!