Sunday, January 5, 2020

Quilting the Week of New Years

There was hand quilting this week. I've never yet made it all the way across the quilt in one week on Floral Triangles. This week is the closest I've come.


Right side border, notice the white diagonal lines change direction on the right side of the red flower. This is the center!








This stem fabric isn't my favorite but the black does add brightness to the quilt.


I use a blunt point scissors when I'm quilting. I don't like sharp pointy scissors on my quilt.


I'm ready to start quilting the last applique triangle in this row.

Linking to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching,  Oh Scrap, Bambi's Show & Tell MondayMonday MakingDesign Wall MondayBOM's Away

18 comments:

Kim said...

What a lovely way to start your new year with the quilting of your Floral Triangles. I always love to revisit your beautiful quilt-in-the-making.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have always loved this quilt can't wait to see what it looks like off the frame when bound and done

Little Penpen said...

❤️❤️❤️

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

Yeah for the center. I love the applique on this quilt and have been enjoying the eye candy.

CathieJ said...

I love watching your progress.

Created by Kathi said...

I am sooo enjoying this slow stitching progress... and halfway for you too! YAY!!!! Kathi

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful quilting as always. Love watching your progress!

Quilter Kathy said...

Your lovely hand quilting photos make me sooo happy!
WIshing for lots of quilting time in 2020!

K Reeves said...

You are moving through this quilt at such a steady pace. It is such a beauty!

Deanna W said...

So glad to see there are still some hand quilters out there. I love hand quilting and the look you get can not compare to any machine quilting. Your quilt and quilting is lovely.

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

I'm enjoying following your quilting of the Floral Triangles, makes me wish I had some hand quilting on the go.

Cathy said...

Gorgeous! And that's probably a good tip...use blunt scissors while hand quilting.

canuckquilter said...

This is beautiful. There is so much to admire in each picture: the fabric, the piecing, the quilting. The finshed quilt will be absolutely stunning!

Pamela Arbour said...

absolutely gorgeous!

dq said...

Your hand quilting is beautiful, and I love 30s fabics. What kind of betting are you using?

EirinH said...

Happy New Year!
I admire your hand quilting, it's really outstanding.

2ne said...

Love your quilting and happy new year

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

You are really making great headway on this quilt! So pretty