Sunday, May 26, 2019

Miss Jane's Best & Weeds

I've started a small embroidery project called Miss Jane's Best designed by Lori Smith. I bought the kit years ago at a AQS show in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Summer is a good time for small projects.


So far I've completed 3 of the blocks. They finish at 3". 
I traced all of the blocks onto one piece of yardage. 

After they're traced, I sew a light weight fabric onto the back. This gives more stability to the fabric and prevents from seeing any tails showing through to the front.

I used a Frixxon pen for tracing, the ink will disappear when pressed with a hot iron after completion.


I'm making slow progress hand quilting Weeds & Tweeds. I've completed the right 'window'.


I'm quilting the center 'window' now.

Muslin has been used for the backing on this wall hanging. It will be very interesting to see what the quilting looks like on the back.

Linking to Peacock PartyKathy's Slow Sunday Stitching, Oh Scrap, Bambi's Show & Tell Monday, Monday MakingDesign Wall MondayBOM's AwayMoving It Forward

Also Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyLoriMargaretEmma, TracyDebConnieSusan,  Nanette,  EdithSharonKarrin

12 comments:

CathieJ said...

Your embroidery is so pretty. Those are sweet little blocks. I like how you are quilting those windows. It really makes the flowers pop.

Kim said...

Oh Gretchen, your 3" squares of sweet embroideries are lovely...as is the quilting on your "Weeds N Seeds". This is such a pretty quilt.

Little Penpen said...

Such sweet embroideries!!

K Reeves said...

Those 3 inch squares are so sweet, that will be a lovely thing when completed! Are you enjoying the change of pace from Pastor's Attic? Your Weeds and Tweeds must be a refreshing change. I love how the Windows come alive as you stitch them!

Karrin Hurd said...

Love your stitching projects! Your embroidery is beautiful!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh thank you Gretchen for giving the link to Miss Jane's Best...I just visited and added it to my list. I just love embroidery and this project of garden flowers is wonderful. Of course, I love Weeds and Tweeds too. You do amazing work, hand or otherwise!

Birthe Marie said...

What a lovely stitching project! :-)

Quilter Kathy said...

Thanks for showing us how you make your fabric ready for embroidery!
Enjoy your stitches!

Turid said...

Sweet embroideries. Great work.

The Crafty Creek said...

Very pretty, both projects are lovely :-)

Joy said...

Too funny I just started this little quilt too. I love to do embroidery in the warm months.

Deb said...

Lovely stitching project