Sunday, October 21, 2018

Week 2 Quilting Pastor's Attic & Lucy Too

Here is what I accomplished quilting this week. I finished this row with the border applique.


This the left side corner.

Sorry this is a dark picture. If I turn on the overhead light or use a flash on the camera, the quilting doesn't show.
Now a section with just diamonds. A section like this is also on the right side but I won't show it again.
The left side of the center applique.
Center of the applique.
Right side applique.

On the right side of this applique is where the next section of solid diamonds are located.


The right corner applique, same which I had already quilted last Sunday. 

This corner is closest to a window so it didn't show up as dark as the rest of the pictures. 

The lines in the diamonds are space 1" apart.
I've rolled and started finishing the border. 

In the corners of the center blocks are quilting designs.  The diamond quilting is going to run into the center except where the alternate quilting is. Those will be stitched in the ditch along the outside edge. Confused? You'll see, just wait a week and I'll show you what I'm talking about.


I did work on some Lucy blocks this week. Block 5.
Block 6.

There are other sections to be stitched for this table runner. I'll start working on them when I'm finished with the hand sewing on the needle books I'm making. The needle books will be the topic of the midweek post.

Linking to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching, Oh Scrap! Show & Tell Monday With BambiMonday MakingDesign Wall MondayBOM's AwayMoving It Forward, Esther's Wednesday WOW!

17 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Your quilting is amazing Gretchen. Thanks for sharing with Oh!

Quilter Kathy said...

Just delicious texture... LOVE the diamonds!
Very pretty Lucy blocks :)

lil red hen said...

Your diamonds are so perfect! Do you use a pen to mark them before stitching? This is outstanding work!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Your quilting is so perfect! So tradtional and classic! How do you mark your quilts?

Pamela said...

Lovely quilting - I can't wait to see it finished!

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful quilting and appliqué!

Created by Kathi said...

Your quilting is soooo beautiful Gretchen... and I like your Lucy blocks you accomplished this week too... getting close to designing that table runner :) Keep up that awesome little stitching you are doing!!! Kathi

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Oh so pretty and your Lucy is striking. I love that diamond pattern....So striking!

EirinH said...


Wonderful quilting, I'm impressed with the accuracy.
Wish you a great day!

Lynette said...

Super pretty Lucy blocks. And yes, as always, your quilting looks fabulous. You make me want to take up hand quilting, as well, but my time for doing so is overcrammed with the needle-turn applique I love to do. Decisions, decisions. . . I need clone days on the sly that can be for nothing but hobby work we never have time for!! :D

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Your quilting is so beautiful! Lovely blocks

Kim said...

You truly do the most amazing quilting! Those Lucy blocks look fabulous.

Susie H said...

Your quilting shows up beautifully and I love your Lucy blocks!

Linda said...

Block 5 is just out-of-this-world gorgeous!!!

Glenda said...

Your quilting is all ways such a joy to sit and look at Gretchen, there are a lot of tiny stitches when you think those lines are only 1inch apart??????? It must fill in many many hrs of each day to do so much in a week? such a joy to see. Ive finally finished my QG and now need a break from any thing I'm trying to finish. I just need to have fun playing for a while LOL Cheers Glenda

Fischtown Lady said...

Wonderful Quilting! It,s perfect! Your Blocks looks so pretty.I love them!
Greetings, Marita

Kootenay Quilter said...

So great to see beautiful hand work! Keep doing it so that it inspires new quilters to carry on the quality work that is becoming so hard to find.

I hand quilt as I find it very calming & therapeutic to get away & enjoy the process of creating those rows of little dimples marching across the fabric & turning the top, batting & backing in to a finished quilt.