This row contains 13 blocks including the infamous block 18! Two of the block are the half blocks for the sides of the quilt. I won't have to piece anymore side blocks, these were the last ones needing to be pieced.
I found this piece of blue floral in my stash. It was used right away. I don't have a lot of small blue floral prints.
Here are the other blocks.
These blocks were both very easy to piece.
These blocks were fairly easy too. Obviously the bottom block was more time consuming than the top one.
I'm changing some of the blocks to suit my preference and both of these blocks had pieces that were rearranged. I like my blocks symmetrical.
The bottom block was the most challenging block to piece. It didn't have the most pieces but she caused me some stress.
These three blocks were fairly easy to piece. I've got the flying geese piecing down now and can whip them out pretty speedily. The important thing is to make sure you over size your pieces. It make the piecing so much easier.
The block with the most pieces was this beauty, #42. She has a total of 120 pieces, more flying geese!
There is one more block to be pieced in this row and I'm giving myself plenty of time for her completion. With the few changes I made, block 18 contains 233 pieces. She should be completed by next Wednesday.
Sometimes I think about Salinda Rupp making the original quilt. I don't know if she hand pieced the blocks or sewed them on her machine or if it was a combination of both. I wonder how many years it took her to make this quilt.
I started piecing this quilt as a challenge and I am enjoying myself. I can't imagine piecing these blocks though without foundation paper piecing them.
Linking to - Fiber Tuesday, Sew Some Love, Esther's Wednesday WOW!, Sew Fresh Quilts, My Quilt Infatuation, Finished Or Not Friday, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Show & Tell Monday With Bambi